JavaScript For Hackers | Learn To Think Like A Hacker | eBook

JavaScript For hackers | Learn To Think Like A Hacker

Introduction

JavaScript has always been my passion, I’m fascinated by ways to help me understand JS further.
You can often see me tweeting about ways to call functions without parentheses, insane XSS vectors
and general ways to find deeper ways of understanding a particular feature. I’m often asked how
a tweet can be used to apply to a WAF bypass or browser exploit. For me this isn’t important, sure
you could use ways to call JavaScript functions without parentheses to bypass WAFs but the point
of my tweets is often to rapidly gain knowledge that could be applied later.

One such example is .sort, sort accepts a function and I found that you could abuse that to call the
alert function indirectly which I will talk about later. What I’m trying to do is hack my brain to make
these vectors important enough for me to remember, you’ll see me posting variants of a particular
technique and it certainly helps that I find enjoyment out of finding these techniques. How often
have you found yourself reading a book or particular article for it not to sink in? By looking for ways
to hack JavaScript you are learning about a feature and then applying that knowledge to achieve a
goal, it doesn’t matter what that goal is as long as you’ve got a target it will help you remember.

These sort of techniques can apply to anything really and it’s pretty much common sense really, if
you look at sport as an example you won’t get better at something just by reading about it, you have
to apply that knowledge and practice and train by actually doing the sport. JS hacking is a lot like
this, there is no way in your day to day job you’ll use every feature JS has but if you try and hack
it you can choose the feature to learn about. This is really my philosophy and is exactly what this
book is about. I’m going to try and teach you how to follow it and learn at a rapid pace but enjoy
what you are doing.

Download Link

Happy learning!

15 Likes

Thanks, it will help me

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face: