Hacking Home Routers and gain Admin Rights…
- Port Scanner (zenmap,superscan or unicornscan.I use Zenmap)
- Web Browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari)
- Internet Connection(Any kind of Internet connection)
- First of all, I want to tell you why I use Zenmap because
- Nmap is the best friend of hackers and Zenmap is the graphical user interface of Nmap.
Instruction on How to Hack the Home Routers and gain the Admin Rights…
- We should select an IP range. I have selected an IP range that includes my public IP address.
- Now let’s scan for home routers.
- When you finished your scan, You can find IP addresses which have open ports such as HTTP port(80)
- FTP port(21) and telnet port(23).
- I have found many IP addresses with port 80 is opened.
- So I stopped my scan.
- Now you can access these addresses using your web browser because HTTP port is opened
- and we need to find whether the web page is the router login page.
- If you see the alert error messages, it says TD-8817. So we can Google for it or
- you can visit routerpassword.com to know the default router username and password
- Now let’s try to access these IP addresses using default logins we just got on step 4.
- Default username and passwords are not same for every router.
- With username : admin and password : admin, we can log in to the router administration page.
I appreciate my post if it useful.