How much taxes to import a Dell laptop from China to Europe directly

Hey guy! I really need some help ASAP, I’m gonna buy a laptop from China with accesorios and I wanna know how much I need to pay for it to directly come to Europe.
It’s 100560.9704¥ and I wanna know about the taxes PLEASE HELP ME
I SEARCHED THE GOOGLE AND I DIDN’T FIND USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT DIRECT IMPORT A LAPTOP FROM CHINA TO EUROPE
PLEASE HELP AND THNX.

1 Like

Tax prices depends more on what country you are shipping to not from so just searching for EU taxes won’t help you. Try with a search related to the postal system in your country, dhl, ups or similar they have charts with estimated prices.

1 Like

@Wajid_Sfar Call DHL ,FedEx or any Courier service in your location and ask them you queries, but there will custom duty, in India, import any Electronics leads to ~40% custom duty, i was just trying to import laptop from US to India, and i asked courier service they said you will need to pay custom duty what Government has prescribed , your country may vary, use reddit or call multiple courier services.

Today is not the good situation for importing product… major airlines companies at halt and charging way too much due to covid outbreak. so either wait for some month or wont import :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can only speak from experience in Ireland, but this is how it works here.

If any product is purchased form outside the EU, the product is technically liable to local VAT (Value Added Tax). The purpose of this is to stop people buying mostly from outside the EU to avoid VAT. When importing a product through post or courier, you will only be charged VAT if customs checks your package and deems it liable to VAT (in reality this happens only in a small portion of cases).
If VAT is charged, the postal service/courier will require payment of VAT before they can deliver the package, otherwise there is no charge. This is why most people in Ireland take the chance and don’t pay import tax in advance. The VAT rate here is 23%, but that’s on the high end, most countries are lower.

I’ve ordered dozens of items from various countries in the past and only had to pay charges 2-3 times. I can’t say how this works in other countries though.