[TUTORIAL] How To Visit Old Websites Which Are Currently Offline!

wb-300x238

Description:

Missing a old website which you loved to visit? or want to visit a website for information, which is currently offline? well then, this tutorial is for you. In this post i will be showing a way how to visit website which are currently offline, this works most of the times & it did worked for me to get some information out from websites i loved to visit. You can use this guide to visit older version of some websites too. So, follow instructions given below to visit a website or older version of a website.

Instructions:

• Open up your browser & head to Internet Wayback Machine by Archive & wait for the page to load.
  • Once loaded, you will see a address bar on the page, type in the url you want to visit & hit “Enter” key from your keyboard & wait for the results to load.

• Once results are loaded, select in the year you want to see the website in & select in a exact date, which have a blue or green circle, then click on the date/circle.

• That’s it, you can see the in front of you. You can use controls on above bar to visit next or previous snapshots too.

Final Notes: Results may not always be great, but this is the best we got. Archive.org is indexing millions of websites & its not always possible to scrape & get all the pages you’re wishing for, but as always, something is better than nothing. Currently this is the best way available out there to visit website which were indexed & are offline now.

15 Likes