Searching files on mega.nz server

is there a way to search for all files on mega.nz server ?
not on my mega account but all uploaded files on the mega site

2 Likes

Don’t have a lot options my friend. I’m searching in Google like: site:mega.nz books

Try these two parameters on Google
site:mega.nz “Your Query”

Or

intext:“mega.nz/”

1 Like

@Soloyo_Setuverdad @w3Abhishek
Searched, but all the results are simply directed to those sites containing " mega.nz " words.

@raj_parab
I think it’s not possible to search files on Mega.
It puts an emphasis on privacy, which makes it impossible for Google and others to index the files( not publicly-released/private) its users store on the service. Even Mega itself doesn’t really know what’s on its servers!

A decade back, there was this search engine for Mega, called “mega-search.me” which had done this action.[But because it can’t just index the files on Mega’s servers, it’s a crowdsourced service that allows anyone to add links to their own files on Mega.]
For further reference:

But, it was soon taken down!!
From there, Mega is actually taking down almost anything that shows up via a search engine that was set up to search publicly-released/publicly indexed “Mega” links, even completely legitimate uploads.
Check this old report:

Now-a-days as more people are uploading amazing content,It would be awesome for someone to make a similar search engine for Mega!
But,if it’s popularity increases,it would be soon taken down!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Probably you need to use advanced search in Google to pull results on mega.nz server.
Hopefully, this link - Search Download Sites via Google may help to construct advanced query in Google and get relevant results from mega.nz server.

@Hyperdemongod: Good post friend. I completely agree with you. My experience validates everything you say. It is definitively not possible to search for files on Mega via Google, despite whatever people say here in their posts Or through most any “magic” software. And yes, I have seen where any kind of system/website that is created to search mega gets taken down once it becomes popular.

1 Like