A tiny, hackable BitTorrent client written in modern C++. Based on Rasterbar-libtorrent to provide high performance and low memory usage.
- Full support for BitTorrent 2.0 (BEP-52), v1, v2 and v1+v2 hybrid torrents.
- Supports DHT, PeX, LSD, UPnP.
- (Azureus-style) peer ID:
-PI0151-(major: 0, minor: 15, patch: 1).
- User agent:
- Native look-and-feel across Windows versions.
- Easy to use with high performance.
The portable version of PicoTorrent requires manual installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019
To successfully build PicoTorrent, you need the following libraries and applications installed,
- CMake (>= v3.14).
- Visual Studio 2019 Build Tools (or regular Visual Studio 2019 with the C++ toolset).
- OpenSSL v1.1.1 ( not the light version) for the architecture you plan on building. Both Win32 and Win64 can be installed side by side.
- Boost 1.73.0.
- Chocolatey (Optional) if you plan to build or test the Chocolatey package.
Make sure all submodules are updated.
λ git submodule update --init --recursive
Build your desired configuration and architecture.
λ .\build.ps1 --platform [x86|x64] --configuration [Debug|Release]
Copyright © Viktor Elofsson and contributors. PicoTorrent is provided as-is under the MIT license. For more information see LICENSE.
Full release notes in the blog - Behind the release - v0.20.
In a nutshell
- Rasterbar-libtorrent has been updated to 2.0. This adds real v2 and v1+v2 hybrid torrent support. Yay! (#863, #874, #883, #884)
- Fixed a bug when displaying Cyrillic characters. (#865)
- Removed the minimum size constraint. PicoTorrent can now be resized freely. (#866)
- Added GitVersion to automagically version everything. No more VERSION.txt juggling. (#868)
- Updated the C++ redistributable version downloaded when installing. (#869)
- Added empty columns to the list views to prevent the last column from stretching. (#875)
- Activating the torrent selection (either double clicking or pressing Enter) will open the paths in Explorer. (#877)
- Updated Russian translations - thanks @birkoffe! (#878, #881)
- Fixed a bug where the status bar didn’t place itself correctly when restoring from the taskbar. (#880)