MEGA Cloud Important Details

Recently,
i’ve asked some questions from Mega Customer Support and after few days i got reply.
Hope these answer can make you much aware about their policies
if you can add any info please comment and inform others.

I was concern about mega Cloud’s policy over automatic/manual removal of uploaded data because i was using Gmail Dot Trick (to create a lots of id) and to upload 50GB in each account
so i was concern about how long will Mega protect my files.

Hello mega
MY question to you is
How reliable is mega for long term storage
I want to upload files for longner term like 5 Years
what TOS or procedure i muse follow in order to sustain that period of time.
Q.2
How long do you’ll protect my files thats over 50 GB of given storage
Q.3
in how many days i must log in? to protect my files
Q.4
How company is making profit when i dont see any ads anywhere?
Q.5
Do you make Backups of all uploaded files like google or facebook so in case of an emergency the user dont loose any files? if yes then how many times u make backup? Google makes backup atleast 3 times for all files in different locations of there server.

MEGA REPLIED:
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Your Free MEGA account is deemed as inactive if there is no activity for three months. If there is no activity on the account for longer than three months the account data will be purged

Although we use multi-level RAID technology, there is no guarantee against the loss of data, such as through multiple concurrent failures, unauthorised takedown notices or repeated unprecedented government misconduct. Always keep redundant copies of important files, online and offline.
MEGA does not guarantee that it will have duplicate copies of all user data.
MEGA’s Terms of Service specify that “You must maintain copies of all data stored by you on our service. We do not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of data…”.

Please be aware that your achievement account bonus of 35GB will expire on 06/03/2020 which will reduce your account storage to a base of 15 GB.
If you have occupied more than your quota in the free account, you will receive multiple deletion warnings from MEGA, so you have a chance to save your files locally or purchase a PRO account.
If you don’t reduce your storage usage, accrue or purchase more quota after 30 days, your account’s UPLOADS will remain suspended and your files in the Rubbish Bin will be cleared (if there is any).
After that, MEGA may delete your data automatically if you do not remedy the situation.

:>My Story<:
I’ve around 17 TB worth of data consist of
Software,
Documentary(not hosted on many torrent sites due to old and less in need),
eBook(Personally Ripped),
some research journal, and
Tutorials.
and i’ve literally wasted all my pocket saving to buy a lots of Hard Drives (6TB+1TB+4TB+2TB+2TB+1TB+500GB+320GB+160GB+80GB
some of them now started failing(about to loose 2.3TB data)
so i thought to use mega
as the only way in my financial crisis.(right now i cant afford buying new Hard drives)
although it gives me 50GB per id but upload speed is very low aroud 2.5 at best
My internet speed is around (100Mbps) 10MB UP and down Per Second
i’m now sitting with data more than i will ever read or watch
really i’m addicted to hoarding data maybe because of government policies to ban all pirated data hosting sites and i’m so frightened that’s why i started hoarding tons of data even if i know most(70%) of my needs can be fulfilled by internet alone.

9 Likes

as a data horder myself: my advice is to make a list of all the items you have and where are you storing them .then store them on mutiple cloud accounts ,make backups if you want to.but distribute it . and share… there is rarely any data that no one wants…
I have old soviet miltiary secret handbooks scanned …just forsake…haha. share and spread knowledge brother.

3 Likes

make a list of all ur files with all subfolders and save as text file and save it in drive,just in case of emegency.

1 Like

put it in different google teamdrives. I mean backup those data in teamdrives of different edus and gsuites. if you can upload them in one teamdrive then it will be easier to backup and clone to other teamdrives using various tools.

4 Likes

how about purchasing a legal mega.nz account? saves you the hassle of creating many emails

about purchasing a legal mega.nz account

you’ve to keep paying for the mega cloud server every month or annually
so buying a physical hard drive is a better option since its a one time investment but

Hope, thieves don’t steal your HDD through breaking into your room.

1 Like

is just login to your account can be considered as an activity to your account ?

1 Like

will the Gmail Dot Trick work forever ?

i cannot comment on forever
but right now its working,

is just login to your account can be considered as an activity to your account ?
YES.

1 Like

great
thanks bro

1 Like

thanks , just checked and refreshed by accessing.
still live for now ))

thanks, but can you give us a detailed list of your data if that’s possible??
just curious about how you got such a large amount of data…

i will message you after arranging all the files
i’m always arranging…
sometimes i’m bored and
sometimes i’m confused (about where to put the files since the file is interdisciplinary)
i’m hoarding since high school.

1 Like