How To Unlock Your Android Phone If You Forgot Your Password

o keep your Android phone safe from prying eyes or inquisitive kids, it is necessary to password protect your device. But sometimes, password protection changes from being a blessing to a menace. How you say?

Well, consider a scenario in which you forget your Android device’s screen password, PIN, or pattern passcode no matter how hard you try to recall. Maybe a kid gets his hand on our device and tries to guess his way into unlocking the screen.

It can also happen that you get a pre-used Android device but you’re unable to access it due to an unknown screen passcode or your device fails to unlock the fingerprint or face ID passcode as a result of a system failure. Bad gets worse and many failed attempts cause your device to be locked for good and you find yourself looking for ways to access your device.

All the aforementioned scenarios sound scarry, but if you do find yourself in any such situation, you should know that there are some ways to unlock your Android device even if you don’t know or have forgotten the screen passcode.

In this post, we are going to discuss two methods to unlock your Android device bypassing the screen passcode. The first method takes help from Google’s “Find My Device” app while the second one relies on using DroidKit.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at how these two methods work. (Source: hongkiat)

Method 1. Using Google’s “Find My Device”

If you are locked out of your Android device for any reason then Google gives you an option to unlock or find it using the “Find My Device” app. The app is pretty simple to use, however it does require certain prerequisites to be fulfilled before you can actually use it.

To use the “Find My Device” app, you need to sign into a Google account, your device needs to be turned on and connected to a stable WiFi connection or mobile data. Also, your device should have the location and ‘Find My Device’ app turned on.

So, if you meet all the prerequisites, then take the following steps to unlock your Android device:

1. Go to the Find My Device page and sign in with the Google account that you used to sign in to your Android device.
  2. You will see all of your Android devices registered on the same Google account. Here, select the one that you would like to unlock.

1.2 droidkit unlock android

1. Once you select the required Android device, it will receive a notification that ‘Find My Device’ has located this device. You will also see a map highlighting the current location of your device.
  2. There are different options for what kind of action you’d like to take – like play sound or secure device etc. However, to unlock your device, you can opt for the Erase Device option. By doing this, you erase all data and settings from your device including the screen lock. So once the erasing is done, you can access your device and set a new screen lock if required.

1.2 droidkit unlock android

Downside of using the “Find My Device” app

For the readers, Google’s ‘Find My Device’ app would feel like an easy enough method for unlocking their Android device, but there are some downsides of using this app that one may overlook.

For instance, as I’ve mentioned before, that in order to use this service, there are a plethora of prerequisites that one has to meet i.e. the Android device to be turned on and connected to the internet, must have location on… and so forth.

In case you don’t fulfil any of these requirements, you will simply not be able to use the ‘Find My Device’ method, making it unsuitable as a universal solution that can be used by all Android users.

Method 2. Using DroidKit

If you are unable to use the ‘Find My Device’ method or find its prerequisites to be a hassle, then the other (and more suitable) method would be to use DroidKit for unlocking your Android device. DroidKit is a reliable and comprehensive tool to help you deal with many Android issues, and unlocking your device’s screen passcode is one of them.

With DroidKit, you can unlock any type of passcode from your Android device – be it PIN code, pattern password, fingerprint ID, face recognition, or the good ol’ 4 to 6-digit password. Also, you don’t need to worry about your particular device’s compatibility with the DroidKit tool as it supports all kinds of Android devices from any manufacturer.

As for the ease of use, DroidKit does not require strict preconditions to be able to work with it. So any Android user can easily use it to unlock their device by downloading the app on your Windows or mac OS computer and establishing a connection using your device’s charging cable. Plus, your device will not be rooted during the unlocking process.

So if you want to unlock your Android device using DroidKit, here are the steps you need to take to bypass the screen lock.

1. Download and install the latest version of the DroidKit app on your Windows or macOS computer.
  2. Launch the app and click on the Unlock Screen option.

droidkit unlock android

1. Connect the Android device that you want to unlock with your computer using a USB cable. Once a connection is established, click Start.

droidkit unlock android

1. You will see a Preparing Device Configuration File screen with a progress bar that shows you the status of the configuring process. Once this is complete, you will be notified and you can click on the Remove Now button.

droidkit unlock android

droidkit unlock android

1. Select your device from the options that appear on the screen and click Next.

droidkit unlock android

1. You will be required to put your device into recovery mode and remove the cache partition on your device. For this, follow the instructions for your particular phone manufacturer and do the procedure on your device.

droidkit unlock android

1. Once this process is completed, you will see the Removing Screen Lock screen with the progress bar. This is going to take only a few minutes and once done, you will be able to access your Android device as always.

droidkit unlock android

Note: If you think that a video tutorial would be helpful in learning about DroidKit’s screen unlock function, then you can take a look at this video guide.

Other interesting features of DroidKit

If you were able to unlock your Android device successfully using DroidKit, you’ll be interested to know that there are so many other features that the tool offers for Android users.

In fact, far from being a one-time use tool, DroidKit is a complete Android device manager and a one-stop solution for all kinds of Android-related problems.

Some of its most sought-after features include recovering 13 different types of data lost from any Android device without backup (quick or deep recovery), fixing all Android system issues without root, save data from system crashed devices, preview or extract data from Google account, clearing system junk, and resolving system updating issues among many others.

To wrap up

Screen passcode, though helpful, is pretty annoying for anyone who forgets it or doesn’t have it altogether. But that should not keep you from getting locked out of your Android device forever, especially when there are some useful solutions available.

Among the two methods of bypassing the screen lock on your Android device, DroidKit stands out owing to its reliability, ease of use, and a high success rate. Instead of going through a complex process, DroidKit simply lets you take charge of your device and unlocks it without root.

If you have already tried DroidKit for unlocking the screen of your Android device, or looking for a similar solution, I’d suggest you give it a try.

Happy learning!

5 Likes