How To Avoid Getting Scammed On Telegram❗️

Hello, OneHackers I wanna share with you some scam methods that i know have been around on telegram since many people we’re falling for it including my customer even me sometimes as a seller i will explain the scam types that i know so you guys can be aware of them and avoid them. (Source:Nulled)

1. Impostering

The imposter will trace your activity on a group or some channels that you joined and after you joined he will message you saying or like “hi” or “are you interested in my service” to lure you into your trap

Here is an example below :

As you can see after i joined the group the imposter noticed i am a new member of the group and messaged me like pretending to be owner/seller of the group and tried to scam me

When you click on a profile if you are not being careful enough you might think this is the right person that you are talking but if you look it careful @BoomCat is not his “username” it’s his “bio” bio is like a status message for telegram but you can put “@” there so if you don’t look carefully you might miss that

Here is a comparison between a fake and legit telegram :

This method is what i called as “bio trick” since they are putting in bio but this is not necessarily should be like this scammers also can use fake usernames like “b00mcat” , “b0omcat” , “BoomCat00” , “BoomC4t” etc.

You guys should be really careful AND ALWAYS ASK FOR A FORUM CONFIRM or Middleman

When you ask for a DM confirm the scammer will try to be “man in the middle” to scam both seller and buyer

He will ask for time so he can talk with the seller and get the seller to send a DM for confirmation so the victim will believe he is talking with the actual seller

Video Version of Impostering Scam : https://streamable.com/oz2wli

2. Man in the Middle

Now the scammer will contact with real seller as a buyer and will try to get a confirmed message from him to send the actual buyer which is the victim in this story

After this convo the seller contacted me (real seller) with a fake account this time pretending to buyer

He will ask exact same questions that i asked as a buyer to me so he can get me (the seller) to DM the victim so he will believe he is talking with the real seller

Meanwhile, he is talking with the seller he will also tell the victim to contact with the legit profile link and if the seller replies to that without any screenshot of the convo on the telegram or anything at all the victim is gonna fall for the scam at this point i just told him to fu-k off by giving a fake profile

I also did the same on the seller XD

Video Version of Impostering Scam : https://streamable.com/l6dq8r

How can you avoid this scams :

1. Never trust someone who DM’s you first on Telegram (I can’t stress this enough)

2. Always make about the username/link that you clicked or wrote is completely correct

3. Always ask for a forum DM confirm with the username & screenshot of the conversation you are having

4. And If you wanna be completly safe use a offical Middleman like @Lucas

5. IF YOU ARE A SELLER NEVER EVER SEND A COMPLETELY BLIND CONFIRMATION TO THE BUYER EVER ALWAYS ATTACH THE FULL USERNAME YOU’RE TALKING WITH AND A SCREENSHOT OF THE CONVO

6. IF YOU HAVE A GROUP/CHANNEL PLEASE ADD WARNINGS LIKE THIS SO PEOPLE MIGHT NOTICE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

These are the ways that i saw and i think all the members of the forum should be aware.

If i catch something new i will add to this thread

And guys please the last thing i want is to see you guys lose your funds/money just because you were not careful enough i hope it helps to you not falling scams in the future.

Happy learning!

11 Likes

Scammers got brain ngl!
Great post

1 Like

I have encountered similar scammers. Luckily no loss. Thanks for share.

1 Like