How do you keep reading Manning's books?

You probably heard about Manning.com books. It’s a publisher focusing on books about programming, machine learning, etc.

They have this feature called ‘LiveBook’, in which you can read one of their books online for free, for 5 minutes.

In those 5 minutes, the text gets un-scrambled as you scroll down. After the 5 minutes are up, it becomes scrambled. Here’s an example, go read this book. After 5 minutes it’s all gibberish.

Is there a way to hack into this so we can read these books anytime you want?

:point_right: Note: Books in the “MEAP” early access stage are free to read while they’re being written. What I’m talking about here is being able to read books already completed and published.

1 Like

Looks like a fun and interesting little challenge. I’ll post here if I can get something done in my spare time.

2 Likes

Tbh, I’d suggest try searching the books you need on LibGen or Z-Library, download them and read it offline. This will serve your purpose. If some book is not available on both these websites, try index of method on google or some other websites.

1 Like

try adding a single dot at the end of your domain name .com.

Hi, thanks for this. Can you explain the “index” method? For clarity.

2 Likes

dsonigladiator, d3m1g0d, DavidOrGoliat, I know, you can get almost any book by going to b-ok.cc or 1lib.eu. Those books are there.

But reading these books online with their ‘LiveBook’ is so much better. You can underline, save notes, and the reading experience is also better.

Hopefully Crappy_Programmer can get around this?

@MikeBlueberry Yeah that’s there. Even I personally love the features you mentioned. Just a small tip - I personally use foxit phantom pdf pro to read the pdf version of any book, it has many good features such as adding comments/notes, and highlighting text using many different colors, and you can underline stuff too. That helps me a lot…

1 Like