Google is Spy - Google’s Chrome has become spy software

Latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into your browser in a single week. That’s why Firefox is better.

I’m so Happy to hear Google sues for $5 billion, I already knew Google does this but slowly and surely others are awaking now.

Google is the biggest spy and it’s all products are build up on one core thought: To invade peoples privacy
Google fonts
Google Analytics
Android (one of the biggest spy of all time even if you turn off location tracker, it still keep gathering data about your location (where you go) and as soon as u connect to net it calls home - A journalist did this analysis)
and almost all product of google are means of spy…

I peered under the hood of Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends. Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the Web.

This was made possible by the Web’s biggest snoop of all: Google. Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance software.

Lately I’ve been investigating the secret life of my data, running experiments to see what technology really gets up to under the cover of privacy policies that nobody reads. It turns out, having the world’s biggest advertising company make the most popular Web browser was about as smart as letting kids run a candy shop.

My tests of Chrome vs. Firefox unearthed a personal data caper of absurd proportions. In a week of Web surfing on my desktop, I discovered 11,189 requests for tracker “cookies” that Chrome would have ushered right onto my computer but were automatically blocked by Firefox. These little files are the hooks that data firms, including Google itself, use to follow what websites you visit so they can build profiles of your interests, income and personality.

Chrome welcomed trackers even at websites you would think would be private. I watched Aetna and the Federal Student Aid website set cookies for Facebook and Google. They surreptitiously told the data giants every time I pulled up the insurance and loan service’s log-in pages.

And that’s not the half of it.

Look in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. See a picture or a name in the circle? If so, you’re logged in to the browser, and Google might be tapping into your Web activity to target ads. Don’t recall signing in? I didn’t, either. Chrome recently started doing that automatically when you use Gmail.

Sometimes I surprise, users in hacking forum most of them use gmail as their prime email and aren’t even aware of their ABC of their life is being recorded by spy Google (big brother of FB)

Stay away from gmail and all kinds of google services, if you willing to learn and grown in “this” world or at least sake of the respect of your privacy.

Choice is yours

20 Likes

2 month ago, I moved to Microsoft Edge browser. It also feels like chrome.

5 Likes

google and facebook are the biggest spies we have allowed in our lives

1 Like

Nice insights into what we already know, but never enough. I would be very interested if you have some more details about your study to share with us (numbers, etc.). I still use Chrome as a secondary browser but I will switch to something else. Maybe Brave.

Thanks a lot.

And, something else: I will do my own researches, but does anyone know a good resource about how exactly the mechanics of 3-tiers cookies work? I know the basics but I would like to learn in depth how the communication is done, technically (for instance, is there some kind of informal ‘standardization/patterns’ among ‘vendors’ on how they specify the cookies?).

Great post :100:
Agreed

That was I wondering why it takes so much ram and resources in the system.

How to do this kind of research? I’m seriously concerned since Chrome is my primary browser and there are so much items I bookmarked which will be a bit problem.

1 Like

it is like an infinite loop what if you stop using chrome browser, you still have google keyboard, uninstall keyboard you are still be using an android phone, start using apple but you will again start surfing the internet and visit thousand of websites either built by google or other’s website but still, they will haunt you down with google AdSense and analytics

2 Likes

i m not quite as litterate as you in terms of my hacking and coding abilities but im learning. And in my quest for knowlege and ability ive come to the same conclusions about chrome and android, they are not phones w cameras on them, they are digital audio and video survalence devices with phones on them as a clever disguise.

Google sits atop a hierarchy of the most powerfull and influential organizations and conglomerants the world has ever seen. they have amassed and stored more information on the american public and people around the world than the FBI has ever deamed.
they have scouerd and mapped and touched nearly every crack and crevice of our tiny little planet and in some way touched or affected nearly every human being alive.
Google has more personal knowlege and information realavent to you than you do.
they have recorded every word, every search, every keystroke, evry picture, evry conversation, that you have ever made them privy to. shit that youve forgotten about that happened in another lifetime is archived and well in cyberspace just waiting for big brother or the highset bidder with a vested intrest to capitalize upon

1 Like

iam using brave browser it almost stops all the attrocities that google try to do with its userbase

Switch to Brave Browser

use brave browser

How about Kiwi browser with extensions support?

I liked your observation

I agree, I started getting rid of these companies (Microsoft, Facebook, etc). I was successful but when it came to Google believe me there’s no way out. Installed Custom Rom (Lineage OS) on my phone. You cannot escape Google, if you use internet. I tried everything possible at my end but when it came to Gmail I had to fall back to google (I know about alternates such as ProtonMail). Because my email address was registered with several official institutes that do not allow email change. Now I’m stuck with them. But I have turned off all the options that Google gave me related to Privacy. But worst of all these is Facebook. To turn off all privacy settings it took me almost over 3 hours. And still you cannot turn of activity log (Watch History).

2 Likes

Guys Internet already got a lot of data related to you and your exploits ( haha ), so in order to be safe, don’t do anything stupid.

And if you want to do something which you should not do as per the “Good Internet Etiquette” if you know what I mean, then use VPN, Mind you that VPN is not the ultimate solution but it lowers down your chances of getting spied on.

Be Safe folks.

and

Here are the Alternatives:
Credit goes to this website,
please bookmark it: https://nomoregoogle.com/

Google Chrome Alternatives
Firefox
Brave
Safari
Vivaldi
Opera
Ungoogled Chromium
Tor Browser

Google Search Alternatives
Duck Duck Go
Startpage
Qwant
Ecosia
Microsoft Bing

Google Chrome Passwords Alternatives
KeePass
BitWarden
1Password
LastPass
Dashlane
Enpass

Google Analytics Alternatives
Matomo
Fathom
Simple Analytics
Amplitude
OpenWebAnalytics

Google Mail Alternatives
ProtonMail
Fastmail
Tutanota
Zoho Mail
posteo
GMX
Canary Mail
Hey.com
Yandex.Mail

Google Docs Alternatives
Notion
Bear Writer
Zoho
Workflowy
Quip
Zoho Docs
LibreOffice

Google Sheets Alternatives
Airtable
Zoho
Coda
Quip

YouTube Alternatives

Vimeo
PeerTube
Dailymotion
BitChute
DTube

Google Maps for Websites Alternatives
Leaflet
Mapbox
Map :cat2:
Nextzen

MORE ALTERNATIVE SITES TO VISIT HERE

Weather Alternatives
Google Weather
Google Chrome Passwords

Google AdWords Weather Alternative
BuySellAds

Google Authenticator Alternatives
Authy
1Password
AndOTP
LastPass Authenticator
Duo
FreeOTP
Dashlane
Aegis Authenticator

Google Blogger Alternatives
WordPress
Medium
Ghost
Squarespace
Substack

Google DNS Alternatives
Cloudflare
OpenDNS
Quad9

Google Drive Alternatives
Nextcloud
Dropbox
MEGA
Zoho
Backblaze
Arq Backup
Tresorit
SpiderOak
pCloud

Google Flights Alternatives
Skyscanner
Kiwi
Skiplagged
Hipmunk

Google Hangouts Alternatives
Telegram
Signal
Discord
Slack
Wire
Zoom
Whereby
Stealthy
Matrix

Google Images Alternatives
Unsplash
Pexels
500px
TinEye

Google Maps Alternatives
OpenStreetMap
Here
Magic Earth

Google Poly Alternatives
Sketchfab
TurboSquid

Google Scholar Alternatives
arXiv

Google Translate Alternatives
Deepl
WordReference
Translate.com

Google Weather Alternatives
Dark Sky
Weather Underground

**STAY SAFE GUYS! **
Credit goes to this website, please bookmark it : https://nomoregoogle.com/

5 Likes

first of all; Chrome “has become” or “always has been” spy? lol
secondly, THANK YOU @bossman for the quick resource list!

So far BRAVE browser has been running pretty good, pretty much Chromium with more security and a crypto paying system to allow pop-up ads. Just last year I made a whopping $60 bucks from BAT tokens given to me.

At any case, all of Google is a spy. I suspect images of my junk is flying across the internet someplace, making enough profit to feed a family of 4, as one would only hope as a worst-case scenario.

1 Like

True, there is no way out of this, Google has made all the path which leads to them eventually one way or another, you can stop this by changing your internet habits, and expect to have some fewer features available in the alternatives.

But honestly, as a normal human being who is using the internet without doing anything weird, for them it’s okay, but yes you are more than welcome to go in full REBEL mode and use alternatives.

2 Likes