- Discord Bot (from developer panel): (https://discord.com/developers/applications)
- Python 3.6 or above: (https://www.python.org/downloads)
- Recommended version (3.10.2): https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3102/
- Discord server that you own.
Enable Community(if you haven’t already)
If you need visual help on how to do this, then click here and watch this video
- Download and install Python if you haven’t already.
- Open CMD/Terminal inside this folder.
- On Windows, open a
command promptas administrator. Type
cdwith a space and drag the desired folder into it. Press enter.
requirements.txtwith the command
pip install -r requirements.txt
- If you are on Windows, you might need to run command prompt as Administrator)
- Navigate to the discord developer panel, sign in, and click
New Application. Choose any name, click accept and create. Next navigate to the
Botsection and click
Add Bot. Click on
Reset Tokenand copy the one one.
- Open the script by using the command
python index.py(It might be different, like Linux and MacOS can be using python3).
- Paste your Discord token by copying it and right-clicking on the application. Some users can also try
CTRL + Vor
CTRL + Shift + V.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT share the token! Others can use this to log into your account.
- Note that to make it respond to your commands, you will need to keep the application/script window alive as it is what runs the bot to begin with. After you are done with everything, you can safely just close it.
- When the bot has logged in, copy the invite link given to you by highlighting the URL and right-clicking, then go to a browser and paste the URL.
- Invite the bot in to your server.
- Within the server, Use the
/hellocommand provided to you.
- Enter to https://discord.com/developers/active-developer and claim your badge.
- It might take 24 hours before you are able to claim at all, so please take time to wait a bit if that is the case.
Join https://discord.gg/AlexFlipnote if you need help.