Download Torrent to Google Drive using Google Colab [UPDATED] [Video Tutorial]

I knew it. It’s really awesome. But there is a problem. Sometimes it shows busy. Have any solve?

give time to Gpu cooling. try to add torrent files in different times. atleast take a gap 2 hrs between two files if they are big almost reaches 10 gb

i done download,but i found no file in my shared drive

try this one : https://colab.research.google.com/drive/156qxlTnuXPjOGqjvImJNtVrBPC36yT19#sandboxMode=true&scrollTo=DBNoYYoSuDBT

2 Likes

@Somrat_Dutta1 What’s the maximum file size supported for edu account and team drive?

It’s 5TB limit for a single file

does it support resume?

How do you do download torrent files directly on drive using qBittorent? I tried searching for it but couldn’t find any.

Thanks Man !

It works but only using magnet link , an error appears in scirpt for downlownding torrent .

By using the Google Drive desktop software to sync a custom folder from your computer to the cloud, and you just download the torrent to that custom folder and let the GoogleDrive software to sync the files to the cloud.

bro its works fine but i am facing a serious issue

i am downloading 250gb torrent file, and once i resume it it takes about 2 to 4 hours to finish “Checking” while your version 1 of this script which was simple, does this quickly.

so any way to make it faster while “checking” torrent after resume?

possible to download from private trackers?

Torrent is not Allowed over Colab. Torrent detection may can lead to account suspension.

Better try seedr.cc, or this heroku app here.

You can also deploy your own Torrent heroku app fron this Github repo.

3 Likes

Hey brother,

Thanks for such useful piece of code. It was working really great until today, I’ve noticed it’s not working. Showing below error,

Any idea how to get pass it?

ok I got the solution, thanks to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFG2YHVGZLs&feature=youtu.be

!python -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
!python -m pip install lbry-libtorrent

need to add those line just before
!apt install python3-libtorrent
click on step 2>3 dot menu > Form > Show code > paste the code

4 Likes

This used to workk but now it’s always error on step 2

1 Like

I have tried your solution but now it’s show different error

NameError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
8 get_ipython().system(‘apt install python3-libtorrent’)
—> 10 ses = lt.session()
11 ses.listen_on(6881, 6891)
12 downloads =

NameError: name ‘lt’ is not defined

1 Like

One question : How do i mount a team drive?

A different way for mounting team drives doesn’t exist. The file path of a shared/team drive folder would be - /content/drive/Shared drives/Name of shared drive/…

What about shared drives then? Can they be mounted?