Debloat Windows 10 | The easy way to get rid of the junk & make it superfast! šŸ¤–

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VeneratedDeepDutchsmoushond-size_restricted.gif

Iā€™ll be honestā€¦ the last Windows release that Iā€™ve actually used was Windows XP. Iā€™ve ran Linux and turned my PC into a hackintosh. Moved from hackintosh to actual Macs and so on. Iā€™ve installed Windows 8.1 in a viritual machine to check it out and it was a nightmare. I didnā€™t even know how to shut it down. I just forced shut down the VM and deleted it.

But recently, I had to install Windows 10 on a friendā€™s machine. I tried to explain that Windows 10 is a privacy nightmare and thereā€™s better OS choices out there, but he insisted so I didnā€™t push.

• Long story short hereā€™s how to debloat, stop telemetry and automatic updates on Windows 10. Thereā€™s a shitload more to do, which I wonā€™t go into because I refuse to promote Windows ( even though I respect peopleā€™s OS choices as long as they know the risks/benefits ). Just know that at the end of the day thereā€™s no silver bullet when it comes to closed-source, proprietary OSā€™ ( macOS included ).
  1. Right click on the start menu and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin)

1. Click Yes

1. Copy-paste this, into PowerShell iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://git.io/debloat')) . Learn more about the script here.

1. This will bring up the Windows10Debloater app. Go ahead and click on Remove All Bloatware.

4.1 Check out the progess in the PowerShell. When the process is done you will see the script outputs Finish all tasks.

4.2 Next I would suggest taking advantage of the other options like stopping Edge PDF takeover and uninstalling OneDrive if you donā€™t use it. You can even disable Cortana ( recommended ). If you donā€™t want to do that make sure you Disable Telemetry/Tasks and Remove Bloatware Regkeys.

Thatā€™s it, youā€™re pretty much done. However, Iā€™d like to show you how to take care of those awfull Windows updates.

1. First go to Start>Settings>Update & Security and check if you have any updates. Once youā€™re up to date, click on Advanced Options

1. Go to Delivery Optimization

1. Turn OFF Allow downloads from other PCs

1. Download Windows Update Blocker

2. Run WUB, select Disable Updates and Protect Services Settings and click Apply Now. When you want to update Windows, run WUB > Enable Updates, update Windows and disable the updates again.

Thatā€™s pretty much it. Word to the wise: if you donā€™t absolutely need to run Windows, I suggest you take a look at a few Linux distros. Linux today isnā€™t what it used to be a few years ago.

Itā€™s light and fast, donā€™t need to thinker with it out of the box as much as you used to ( if at all ), gaming on Linux gets better and better etc etc etc. But yes, Adobe programs are still an issue. You can get around it, but itā€™s not the most up to date and pretty solution.

However, donā€™t get fooled by the ā€œLinux works on everythingā€ mantra. No, it doesenā€™t. Reasearch your components before you install Linux to avoid headaches or, better yet just install a few distros in VirtualBox or boot from the live image and make sure WiFi works, sound works and so on.

33 Likes

nice! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

then how to use linux for gaming, steam, epic etc?

1 Like

all of a sudden ,after using the powershell command,my laggy windows 10 starts behaving very smooth again ā€¦ thanks to the power infinityā€¦ really appreciate thisā€¦ @TheJoker

1 Like

Steam works on Linux and over two thirds of the games in there run on Linux. I interrupted my Horizon Chase in Linux Mint to tell you :sunglasses:

works like charmā˜ŗ

Thank so much

too gud manā€¦ bcoz of these windows 10 unnecessary junkā€¦i was not moving to windows 10
i done everything u said ā€¦now my pc is much faster than others

2 Likes

Awesomeā€¦ :raised_hands:

2 Likes

An alternative approach:

@rem Disable Some Service
sc stop DiagTrack
sc stop diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service
sc stop dmwappushservice
sc stop WMPNetworkSvc
sc stop WSearch

sc config DiagTrack start= disabled
sc config diagnosticshub.standardcollector.service start= disabled
sc config dmwappushservice start= disabled
REM sc config RemoteRegistry start= disabled
REM sc config TrkWks start= disabled
sc config WMPNetworkSvc start= disabled
sc config WSearch start= disabled
REM sc config SysMain start= disabled

REM SCHEDULED TASKS tweaks
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsAppIDSmartScreenSpecific Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsApplication ExperienceMicrosoft Compatibility Appraiser Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsApplication ExperienceProgramDataUpdater Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsApplication ExperienceStartupAppTask Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsCustomer Experience Improvement ProgramConsolidator Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsCustomer Experience Improvement ProgramKernelCeipTask Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsCustomer Experience Improvement ProgramUsbCeip Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsCustomer Experience Improvement ProgramUploader Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsShellFamilySafetyUpload Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftOfficeOfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftOfficeOfficeTelemetryAgentFallBack Disable
schtasks Change TN MicrosoftOfficeOffice 15 Subscription Heartbeat Disable

REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsAutochkProxy Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsCloudExperienceHostCreateObjectTask Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsDiskDiagnosticMicrosoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsDiskFootprintDiagnostics Disable Not sure if should be disabled, maybe related to S.M.A.R.T.
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsFileHistoryFile History (maintenance mode) Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsMaintenanceWinSAT Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsNetTraceGatherNetworkInfo Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsPISqm-Tasks Disable
REM The stubborn task MicrosoftWindowsSettingSyncBackgroundUploadTask can be Disabled using a simple bit change. I use a REG file for that (attached to this post).
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsTime SynchronizationForceSynchronizeTime Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsTime SynchronizationSynchronizeTime Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsWindows Error ReportingQueueReporting Disable
REM schtasks Change TN MicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdateAutomatic App Update Disable

@rem Remove Telemetry & Data Collection
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionDevice Metadata v PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork t REG_DWORD d 1 f
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesDataCollection v AllowTelemetry t REG_DWORD d 0 f
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftMRT v DontOfferThroughWUAU t REG_DWORD d 1 f
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftSQMClientWindows v CEIPEnable t REG_DWORD d 0 f
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsAppCompat v AITEnable t REG_DWORD d 0 f
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsAppCompat v DisableUAR t REG_DWORD d 1 f
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsDataCollection v AllowTelemetry t REG_DWORD d 0 f
reg add HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlWMIAutoLoggerAutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener v Start t REG_DWORD d 0 f
reg add HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlWMIAutoLoggerSQMLogger v Start t REG_DWORD d 0 f

@REM Settings - Privacy - General - Let apps use my advertising IDā€¦
reg add HKCUSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAdvertisingInfo v Enabled t REG_DWORD d 0 f
REM - SmartScreen Filter for Store Apps Disable
reg add HKCUSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAppHost v EnableWebContentEvaluation t REG_DWORD d 0 f
REM - Let websites provide locallyā€¦
reg add HKCUControl PanelInternationalUser Profile v HttpAcceptLanguageOptOut t REG_DWORD d 1 f

@REM WiFi Sense HotSpot Sharing Disable
reg add HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftPolicyManagerdefaultWiFiAllowWiFiHotSpotReporting v value t REG_DWORD d 0 f
@REM WiFi Sense Shared HotSpot Auto-Connect Disable
reg add HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftPolicyManagerdefaultWiFiAllowAutoConnectToWiFiSenseHotspots v value t REG_DWORD d 0 f

@REM Change Windows Updates to Notify to schedule restart
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsUpdateUXSettings v UxOption t REG_DWORD d 1 f
@REM Disable P2P Update downlods outside of local network
reg add HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionDeliveryOptimizationConfig v DODownloadMode t REG_DWORD d 0 f

REM Hide the search box from taskbar. You can still search by pressing the Win key and start typing what youā€™re looking for
REM 0 = hide completely, 1 = show only icon, 2 = show long search box
reg add HKCUSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSearch v SearchboxTaskbarMode t REG_DWORD d 0 f

REM Disable MRU lists (jump lists) of XAML apps in Start Menu
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced v Start_TrackDocs t REG_DWORD d 0 f

REM Set Windows Explorer to start on This PC instead of Quick Access
REM 1 = This PC, 2 = Quick access
REM reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced v LaunchTo t REG_DWORD d 1 f

@rem Remove Apps
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage 3DBuilder Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage Getstarted Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage WindowsAlarms Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage WindowsCamera Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage bing Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage MicrosoftOfficeHub Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage OneNote Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage people Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage WindowsPhone Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage photos Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage SkypeApp Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage solit Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage WindowsSoundRecorder Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage windowscommunicationsapps Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage zune Remove-AppxPackage
REM PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage WindowsCalculator Remove-AppxPackage
REM PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage WindowsMaps Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage Sway Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage CommsPhone Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage ConnectivityStore Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Messaging Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage Facebook Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage Twitter Remove-AppxPackage
PowerShell -Command Get-AppxPackage Drawboard PDF Remove-AppxPackage

@rem NOW JUST SOME TWEAKS
REM Show hidden files in Explorer
REM reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced v Hidden t REG_DWORD d 1 f

REM Show super hidden system files in Explorer
REM reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced v ShowSuperHidden t REG_DWORD d 1 f

REM Show file extensions in Explorer
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced v HideFileExt t REG_DWORD d 0 f

REM Uninstall OneDrive
start wait %SYSTEMROOT%SYSWOW64ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE UNINSTALL
rd COneDriveTemp Q S NUL 2&1
rd %USERPROFILE%OneDrive Q S NUL 2&1
rd %LOCALAPPDATA%MicrosoftOneDrive Q S NUL 2&1
rd %PROGRAMDATA%Microsoft OneDrive Q S NUL 2&1
reg add HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTCLSID{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}ShellFolder f v Attributes t REG_DWORD d 0 NUL 2&1
reg add HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTWow6432NodeCLSID{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}ShellFolder f v Attributes t REG_DWORD d 0 NUL 2&1
echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted.
pause
start wait TASKKILL F IM explorer.exe
start explorer.exe

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Works!! Thanks for posting this!

1 Like