Compress videos with HandBrake CLI online in Google Colab. Get email notification when tasks finish running. You can use it for a single file or for a directory with lots of files.
As we know any process in Colab can only run for 90 mins after closing the browser so in case of a batch convert/compress task it can remember the files which have already been processed so you can re-run the task again another time to finish the task (basically resume support).
Read more about app specific passwords here: Google Account Help
- Mount cloud drive using rclone or with the google’s own gdrive mount method, though I would recommend rclone method as the latter could be unreliable sometimes.
- Copy path to the Source file/directory with the help of the file browser.
- Paste the copied path to the SOURCE text-field in the HandBrake Cell.
- Paste path to the Destination in DESTINATION text-field. (Destination drive must be mounted beforehand)
- For email notifications give your gmail id and app specific password and tick the checkbox.
Bugs so far
None discovered yet. Please mention here if you find any.
- If you have security concerns you can check the source code of the notebook here in my github repo and off-course you can skip this step if you don’t feel safe using it.
Words of thanks
(skip this if you don’t want to get bored LOL )
Firstly I would like to thank OneHack and all its wonderful members for sharing amazing content. I’ve learnt a lot from here and this small project is a testimony to that.
Few months ago FlashyFlash posted a google colab notebook (oneclickrun) and I was amazed by what all it could do so I wanted to make my own notebooks in colab but I didn’t know how to code, specifically Python.
Few days later after that SaM posted a free udemy course link which was the top rated course “Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming” from where I learnt Python programming.
This is my first project after learning Python (and also my first post). So special thanks to FlashyFlash and SaM for providing such awesome resources.
By using this provided material the website 1Hack.us is not responsible for any law infringement caused by the users of this material.