Why am I getting free Coursera courses!

Today when I opened Coursera account I got access to almost all courses till 30th september. A new section called “Nut” and “Minia University sponsered courses” started appearing on the top rightside of website. As I am not student of any university now.
Is this happening with everyone ? Can anyone know about this?

4 Likes

Could you kindly share a screenshot or pic of what is happening ???

Yes! You can enroll in any course till June 30 and you can complete these courses till September 30.

1 Like

@iamdon125 Can u provide the link .As i;m not able to find on site.

1 Like

Could you pls tell us how did you get that kind of access? Could you pls share a screenshot or share some method?

@SaM could you please check this out and verify if this is happening???

Why don’t we check ourselves instead bothering other? I read the news, it is said eligible only for education email or just fresh graduate…
Read it here

1 Like

Yeah! Your email id might be registered with your School/College and that could be one of the reason you are getting free access with Coursera. If one does not have school college email id or your generic email id is not registered with School (associated with coursera), you wont get free access.

2 Likes

Do you have any idea how can I get that too?

You need a school email id. Not just any school email will do, your school/college must be partnered with Coursera.

Any email can be used you just need to send a picture of your student identification to them and they will actually verify with the college then revert within around 10 days to confirm it and activate it till July 31 and those can be completed till sept 30.

Could you share the link for the same?

First of all Sorry for late reply…
Earlier I thought My coursera account may be hacked !!! No.
Few months back I came across facebook page called ‘Nut’(Can’t remember exactly) There they mentioned if you want free coursera courses submit your email id which is registered with coursera. I was not serious about it, just wanted to try so I submitted my email then I forgot.
After few days when I opened My coursera account I had access to almost all coursres and it was showing ‘Minia University’. now I remember it was all beccause of some facebook page !!
Anyways, I opened new coursera account and leaving earlier account…
This discussion is over and thank you all for your concern.

2 Likes