Which Photoshop version can I run on a 2gb ram laptop?

Also
What all softwares I can run on 2 gb ram laptop ?

Thanks in advance

Any Product considering your system handling, as for the 2GB x86 (32bit) version can be installed and works many works but with slower performance, under 2GB, Adobe, Paintshops, Magix, Corel…
And why you’re asking this? Each software has it’s System Requirement listed on the product page, simply go through it and make sure it can run with 2GB Ram and processor that installed. that’s all.

Also, a few products always recommended to get run under x64 systems, so if your laptop does not meet the requirements, avoid it until unless you upgrade Ram & you have a 64bit processor.

Good luck! :+1:

4 Likes

paint amigo

Any version should work with 2gb ram as long as you’re using the 32 bit version, but it will likely run very, very slow. Probably take a few minutes just to open the program.

1 Like

All version of Photoshop can run on system with a 2GB RAM but you cant do any task on latest photoshop version. A msg will appear like “not enough RAM to perform this task…”

I recommend you to use Photoshop 7.0 It was working fine on my 2GB machine back in 2013.

3 Likes

I would to suggest same version.
Don’t use CS version, memory consumption not recommended with 2gb ram

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

if you use photoshop only for basic level stuff, then i would suggest use the similar online version of photoshop named Photopea

If you want to use photoshop for very advanced work,then just improve you RAM no other option,because all the advanced features are on the latest versions of photoshop (photoshop cc 2019 and above)
if you don’t have good RAM,photoshop will work slowly and you would start feeling frustrated after a very short period of time.

1 Like

Be sure you manage your pagefile, many overlook that being supplemental ram, as your system can cache out lower priority processes to it, leaving your active things in the faster RAM. I recommend you set it to a solid file, so it does not expand, as you have your min and max the same (since having only 2GB RAM, if you have HDD to spare, set it to 6144MB for min and max, so 3x your RAM, but no less than 1.5x your RAM even if low on space). And if you’re using a standard hard drive in that laptop, boot into a WinPE, or other bootable media, and delete the page file and reboot. It will try to make it contiguous (not fragmented) on the next normal boot. Then boot back into the bootable media and use a defragmenting tool (I personally use Defraggler) to move it to the end of your drive. I’ve been able to squeeze quite a bit of extra performance out of lower tier systems by doing those simple things.

2 Likes

I’m not sure but I’ll recommend you to try photopea.com

1 Like

The answer is Photoshop CS 5.5 (version 12). You’re welcome.

1 Like