Which OS You Use | Windows, Linux, macOS? | Post Here! [Discussion]

@SaM, I love the minimalistic/simplistic look of your desktop.

I am also currently using Windows 10 x64 bit, RS3, but I wanna upgrade to RS 6, so I can enjoy the newer features added since RS 3. I am just a little hesitant because I need to do a clean format and install after backup.

I plan on using MS One Drive +/- Sync for my documents backup. Also planning on working more on my Linux skills via a virtual box.

Hopefully I should be able to complete the upgrade this weekend. Do you have any advice for me on the easiest way to go about this.

P. S. Is your desktop tweaked by a customization software or its custom built into the OS?

Cheers.

3 Likes

can u tell me how did u make everything custom, mine boring window 10 simple look ???

1 Like

Check my PM both of you :+1:

2 Likes

I use linux for such kind of thing and windows 10 usually.

1 Like

macos, but planning to give a try to windows 10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Replied boss @SaM. Gracias

1 Like

Everyone should watch this, this is true, it happened with me as well…

I will not buy anything from Apple until the next 7 births! Macbook pro ruined

1 Like

this is bullshit
almost every software is free on mac with crack
and by the way i use tripe boot
mac + windows + ubuntu
i didn’t bought apple just bought laptop from other company
and i have also used fcp and logic pro x for free which he paid for, and which he didn’t paid while using windows.

he doesn’t have that much knowledge and neither you

Windows 10 Pro here.
Never used Mac before.

1 Like

just because of IDEs and msoffice stuff i have to use WINDOWS 10
now eagerly waiting for Windows 10x, UI is mindblowing
for hacking related stuff use ParrotOS
and Windows 7 as Virtual OS …for IDA,ollyDebug and to run cracks

1 Like

just take a look how sexy it looks

2 Likes

I’m using macOS Catalina (10.15.3) but It is a hackintosh running on Lenovo.

2 Likes

I use Elementary OS (linux based OS).

2 Likes

I am using Zorin OS Ultimate Lite. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

But I am in windows 7

1 Like

for me too, I also want to change my boring look of windows.

1 Like

Windows OS

1 Like

I upgraded to windows 10 when i heard the support for windows 7 was getting cut. First few weeks were fine then i started to notice disk usage going up like crazy while nothing was being installed or deleted, look up some guides tried a few things nothing changed. After a few days i notice this thing called Sys Service Main eating away at my ram and using 80% when nothing is open… I mostly develop websites in VS code and have a Chrome browser open for testing and at one point i was making a Basic React application and guess what i cant even type a single word of code without it being laggy disk usage 100% ram 90% and surprise surprise Sys Service Main tops the chart in Task Manager. After a lot of thought and hesitation i have switched to Ubuntu Linux 19.10 and to my delight its Blazing Fast. But before you think about making a switch like me Please understand i use it For Working** and not for** playing Games and Doing** any Sort of Graphics or Video Editing you will have to consider these before switching to any Linux distro.

1 Like

Windows 10X will only be available on devices that ship with it, and those devices will begin shipping in the second half of 2020. This means if you want to use Windows 10X, you will have to buy a new PC that comes with Windows 10X preinstalled. The OS will not be made available to purchase or download to install on existing hardware, and won’t be pushed as an update for Windows 10 users either.

In the future, we anticipate Microsoft will make Windows 10X available for more than just foldable PCs. While the OS will launch exclusively for foldable at the end of 2020, in the months after OEMs will be able to ship Windows 10X on traditional form factors such as laptops and 2-in-1’s, as the OS is capable of running on those form factors as well.

Source: windowscentral

I also need to change the look of mine too. @SaM, Pls help

1 Like