[V1.2] LinkedIn Learning Courses Downloader

After my lynda courses downloader, a lot of people have asked me to develop a similar one for LinkedIn Learning, so here it is.
GitHub link : https://github.com/ahmedayman4a/Linkedin-Learning-Courses-Downloader
Note that: your account must to have access to the course in order for the downloader to work, so make sure you have a premium linkedin account, a linkedin learning subscription or a linkedin learning organization account (ex:Libraries).

forthebadge forthebadge ko-fi

Download LinkedIn Learning courses in the video quality you like.

Features

• Simple and easy to use GUI for Windows
  • Download in the video quality you like (720p, 540p or 360p)
  • Download Exercise files and subtitles automatically
  • Download multiple courses at a time
  • Automatically import LinkedIn Learning login token from Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge
  • Automatically detect the enterpriseProfileHash or the x-li-identity header so all organization and library accounts should work

Downloader Screenshot

Easy install

Just go to the releases section, download the version that suits your platform and make sure you follow the requirements.

Requirements

Windows : At least .Net Framework 4.7.2. It already comes pre-installed with Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) and later.

How to use

• Windows

Just run the Setup file. A shortcut will be added to your desktop and start menu

• Linux

Open a terminal in the directory of the LinkedIn Learning Courses Downloader program then type :

chmod 777 ./Linkedin Learning Courses Downloader

and to run the program type:

./Linkedin Learning Courses Downloader

Getting the LinkedIn Learning login token cookie

You can now extract the token from your browser’s default profile if you are logged into LinkedIn by pressing Import Token. If it didn’t work for you, manually get the token as follows (Make sure you are logged into LinkedIn Learning first):

• Firefox
  1. Press Shift+F9 on your keyboard OR right click anywhere on the LinkedIn Learning website , choose “Inspect Element” and click storage.
  2. Look for the word “li_at” in the column “Name”. Copy the value and paste it in the program.

LinkedIn Firefox Token Tutorial GIF

• Google Chrome
  1. Right click anywhere on the page and click inspect element OR press F12 on your keyboard
  2. Click on the 2 arrows in the top right corner beside the word performance then click Application
  3. Double click on the word “Cookies” then click on https://www.linkedin.com
  4. Look for the word “li_at” in the column “Name”. Copy the value and paste it in the program.

LinkedIn Chrome Token Tutorial

How to build and run this code on your pc

You don’t need to do that if you just want to run the app but if you want to build your own version here is how:

1. Open visual studio and click on file then Clone Repository.
  2. For repository location type https://github.com/ahmedayman4a/Linkedin-Learning-Courses-Downloader.git.
  3. Click Clone.
  4. The code should be on your pc now. To edit the code, open the Linkedin-Learning-Courses-Downloader.sln file.
  5. In order to run LLCD.DownloaderGUI you need to have Update.exe file inside the bin folder.
  6. You can find this file under the LLCD.DownloaderGUI folder. Just copy and paste it in the bin folder.

Contributions

I accept any contribution to the codebase whether it is a small bugfix or an exciting new feature as long as it works and fits the scope of the app. Just create a pull request and I will look into it as soon as I can.

Buy me a coffee?

You can buy me a coffee using PayPal(Kofi) or Cryptocurrency.

Any Questions? Issues? Recommendations?

Just create an issue and I will reply as soon as I can.

Acknowledgments

27 Likes

It shows, token is probably invalid. Please help. Also for #4, I am unable to copy. Please help. Thanks!

1 Like

same here, upppp

1 Like

Go to %localappdata%\Linkedin-Learning-Courses-Downloader\app-1.0.0\logs and DM me your latest logs
Also make sure you are logged into linkedin learning and have correctly copied your token by following this tutorial: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ahmedayman4a/Linkedin-Learning-Courses-Downloader/main/LLCD.DownloaderGUI/img/LinkedinChromeTokenTutorial.gif

Hotfix update v1.1 is released :

Fixed bug : Subtitles weren’t being downloaded #3

smoothly ran, Thanks… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

make one for eduonix also :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the share. Please how do I use this on my PC? I’m totally a newbie when it comes to downloading and running software from Github. I will appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction to follow. Thanks again!

I am always getting this error. I am using Firefox and followed the instruction and still giving that problem. Is there another way?

@Faith_Works If you have a premium linkedin account, a linkedin learning subscription or a linkedin learning account provided by an organization (ex:Libraries), you can follow these instructions :

1. Download and run LinkedinLearningCoursesDownloader-v1.1-WindowsSetup.exe
  2. Login in to your linkedin learning account
  3. Choose the browser where you have linkedin learning logged in
  4. Click on Extract Token
  5. Fill in the other fields and start downloading

@taki021 This error means you probably don’t have access to the course. Do you have a premium linkedin account, a linkedin learning subscription or a linkedin learning account provided by an organization (ex:Libraries)?

2 Likes

I don’t have those. I thought having access to the LinkedIn Learning with a normal account (with my LinkedIn account) would work. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the detail explanation

simpler way via Allavsoft

Wow, work like a charm. Thanks for the great share

Update v1.2 Released

Download link : https://github.com/ahmedayman4a/Linkedin-Learning-Courses-Downloader/releases/tag/v1.2

Patch Notes:

• UI overhaul for Windows version
  • Bug fix: App exits when importing token from Chrome. Resolves #25
  • Change course’s files and folders naming scheme so that video players detect videos’ order. #8
  • Improve error handling for expired tokens
  • Smaller app size
  • Added ability to choose whether to download subtitles or not
  • Added ability to have a custom delay between each video extraction. Resolves #14
7 Likes

Nice job. Very helpful for the community and beyond.
My respect !

2 Likes

thanks but is there any way to stop or pause once the download starts?