Automatic windows updates in windows 10 have been a headache for most people as there was no way available to disable them (but i have written a guide for it: Here), but there are some people out there who’re liking the updates they get from Microsoft, but wanna limit the bandwidth to specific percentage so they could enjoy their internet speeds & receive updates at the same time. if you’re one of them, then this post is for you. In this post i will show you a way by which you can limit windows updates bandwidth usage to a specific percentage.
- Click on Start Menu & click on small “Gear” icon to open windows settings
- Once you’re in windows settings, scroll down & click on “Updates & Security”
- Now, click on Windows updates, scroll down a lil & click on “Advanced options” under “Updates settings” section
- In next window, scroll down & click on “Delivery Optimization” hyperlink & wait for next window.
- Now, from this window, scroll down again & click on “Advanced option” & wait for next window.
- Check down checkbox under “Download Settings” & drag the bar to a specific percentage.
- That’s it, Now updates will be limited to the specific percentage that you have selected.
Final Notes: You can monitor the bandwidth used by windows updates by clicking “Activity monitor” under “Delivery Optimization” section in the settings & it will show you a brief of how much bandwidth was spent on updates in past.
! Enjoy these Tutorials and stay tuned for more !