Trump Says US Will Terminate Relationship With WHO Today

President Donald Trump announced Friday that the United States is will be cutting ties with the World Health Organization later today. From a report:

“China has total control over the World Health Organization despite only paying $40 million per year compared to what the United States has been paying, which is approximately $450 million a year,” Trump said during a press conference. Trump has repeatedly criticized the WHO’s response to the coronavirus, which has hit the U.S. worse than any other country, amid scrutiny of his own administration’s response to the pandemic. Earlier this month, Trump threatened to permanently cut off U.S. funding of the WHO. In a letter, he said that if the WHO “does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization.” On Friday, Trump said WHO “failed to make the requested a greatly needed reform” and the U.S. “will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs.”

5 Likes

America is not boss of world,
now he totally terminate ourself

I dont support his views or him for that matter but i have to say he is right about WHO, if only they had treated COVID-19 as a possible global pandemic from the very start at Wuhan things would have turned out much differently.

7 Likes

I agree with Trump on this, I’m thinking WHO should be demolished, and its leaders should be behind bars for life. It is no longer a global organization. And we saw what they did with Taiwan.
We have, yes we taxpayers of the world have created this organization, and then china malfunctioned it. I believe there’s only WHO is responsible for every COVID death, every causality, every covid caused divorce, every discomfort we will have.

4 Likes

I’m with Trump’s decision.

1. At least he is indirectly suffocating chineese governance on WHO,

2. Why china not allowing World-Wide scientists to lookover the incidents in WUHAN-LAB.

3. Why china refuse to give COVID-19 DNA. Why china not alerted the World.

4. Why china started this “The Chinese have come into Indian territory which they themselves accepted as part of India”

I strongly support Mr. Trump on this issue.

6 Likes

He is right about WHO and how China has control over them and I do support what he is doing. WHO has become corrupted over the course of years maybe this and few other events can lead to the redemption of WHO!

I support Trump on this one