Everything a beginner needs to know about TikTok ads for eCommerce, learn how to start your campaign, and discover different ad types.
Do you remember your first attempt at using TikTok?
Getting started with TikTok isn’t so complicated and the same applies to running ads for your eCommerce business.
“So, how do I start running ads on TikTok ?”
Well, that’s what we discuss in this guide.
At the end of this piece, you’ll have learned:
- How to create TikTok ad campaigns
- What ad types can be used for your brand
- Best practices for running successful ads
Without further ado, let’s begin!
While a TikTok account gives you detailed information on your account, the TikTok ads manager account lets you create and run ads for your eCommerce.
You can follow the steps below to create an account.
- Visit this page to sign up
- Create an account by inputting some information about your business such as the business name
- Access account set-up
Go to your Dashboard > Account info > Account settings
- Next, enter your business information
- Choose a payment method
- Then, submit Account Information
The next step is to set up TikTok [Pixel].
“[Pixel]? Is that for my videos or images ?”
According to TikTok, it’s a line of code you can place on your website allowing advertisers to share website visitor events to the social media platform.
If you’re looking for a web attribution solution that’s pre-built and easy to set up, TikTok [pixel] might just be the answer.
Why do you need to set this up?
For starters, it helps you understand your customer behavior on an eCommerce website.
Other uses of the TikTok [pixel] include:
- Optimizing ad delivery
- Creating events
- Building custom and Lookalike audiences
- Tracking campaign performance
Now, how do you set up TikTok pixels?
You can set it up manually or by incorporating TikTok’s partner integrations.
Here’s how to do it manually:
- Create a [pixel] by assigning a name to your [pixel] and selecting Manually Install [Pixel] Code
- Copy the code to your website
- [Track] visitors’ actions on your website with Click/ URL events or using code
- Test events with the [Pixel] checkers or [Pixel] helper
- Lastly, link the [pixel] to your ad and choose an event as the optimization goal.
When your ad campaign is launched, you’ll have access to the event’s data within the Events Manager environment .
To install it using integrations:
- Create a [pixel] by assigning a name to your [pixel] and selecting Automatically Install [Pixel] Code
- Select a partner and connect your account to the partner’s account
As an eCommerce business, you need to have a product catalog so you can advertise your products .
A catalog is an asset that helps you store information about your product including price, size, availability, and more.
It’s a great option if you want to feature multiple products in your ad.
Creating a catalog will help you:
- Add information about your products to the Ads manager
- Create custom videos for the different products with TikTok’s video template and dynamic video generator tool.
- Create product sets to manage your products
With all the previous steps in place, it’s time to create a TikTok ad campaign.
How do you do that?
Head over to the TikTok ads manager and select Campaign.
Then, click the Create button to start creating the campaign.
The next step is to select an objective for your campaign.
Why do you need it?
So you can instruct TikTok’s algorithm on what you want users to do when they see your ad .