[SOLVED] Xiaomi Mi4 Device stuck at mi logo

I’m using Xiaomi mi4 device. Android version 6 with official miui rom.
Its been working smoothly for 4+ years. Suddenly, its not booting into normal function.
First it started with blinking led light and stuck at mi boot logo again and again.It doesn’t even stand with mi boot logo for 5 seconds, it again boots to mi logo. I ve been using twrp recovery and also rooted it. It was working fine. suddenly it happened.

What i did so far:

I searched many sites, blogs, forums and done the below things.

1. fast booted the device and installed official stock rom
  2. installed custom recovery twrp through fast boot method.
  3. clean installed stock rom using fast boot method.

P.S -

• Fastboot is working, but recovery is not working or phone doesn’t boots into recovery.
  • only sometimes, it boots into recovery, that too only if its stock official recovery.
  • phone doesn’t boots into normal function after any of the above methods.

Till now it boots, shows mi logo for 3-4 secs and again does the same.

I don’t know if its a hardware or software problem. I need help with this problem.

2 Likes

it could be hardware problem if not try to reset your phone by these methods :
turn off you off phone and stat with these steps.

Step 1: Press Power off + volume up button if it does not work try volume low button

Press the power button until the options for Power off, Restart and others appear. Now, tap on the “Power off” option and hold on to it while pressing the volume button

Step 2: Confirm boot into safe mode

Now, the screen for rebooting into safe mode will appear. Tap on “Yes” to enter the safe mode.

Step 3: Enter recovery mode

Press and hold the power button as well as the volume button of your device simultaneously until a new screen appears. After it appears, release the two buttons and press the power button one more time. Now, press and hold down the volume button. With that you will enter into recovery mode and a new set of options will appear on the screen.

Step 4: Navigate and do Factory Reset

Using the volume button to navigate, move down to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option. Press the power button to select the option.

1 Like

I tried as u instructed, but it doesn’t boots into safe mode. Only fastboot in showing., no recovery nor normal boot is happening.

1 Like

ITS JUST A ROM PROBLEM.
IF YOU HAD TWRP INSTALLED TRY TO INSTALL RESURRECTION REMIX CUSTOM ROM OREO VERSION ITS HIGHLY STABLE.

LINKS:

ROM:ROM OREO
GAPPS:gapps

NOTE: before installing any rom FIRST YOU SHOULD FORMAT with twrp.

IF STILL NOT WORK: try to insatll orangefox recovery and then do the same procedure. it will definetly work.

2 Likes

Sounds like a similar issue i had with with my Note 4, was a hardware issue with the emmc chip. Nothing I could do.

[EDIT] Sorry for the confusion guys, I meant the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

1 Like

i installed twrp using fastboot, but the main problem is it doesn’t boots into recovery. Only fast boot is available.

Is there separate version of orange fox recovery available for Mi4? i searched but i cant find any. Or should i install common version ??

Did you try to repair it?? Went to the service center ??

i know how to reset it
you just soft bricked your device somehow

You must do as follow

Go to EDM mode
by opening back panel and shorting the pins to enter into EDM mode

use mi tool
and proceed with the stock os

let it restart in normal mode
then again
Follow up with
installing Custom OS and TWRP.

i’ve been through the same problem
and this way was the only way to solve this problem

watch all videos on the youtube follow the similarities between all of them and try

<i did it around in 2018 dont know the exact tutorial sources >
check them out.

1 Like

THe easiest way i can suggest is flash orangefox
then flash the firmware which might be approx. 50 Mb
then flash any custom rom you want
Note:-
1.wipe data,system,…(everything) then flash the firmware and rom
I have used this method to wakeup many dead phones

@ai_machine

**My Experience**

I know bro, the horrifying experience we feel when we soft-brick our mobile phone for the first time.:pensive:
Two years back, I rooted my Android phone (with MediaTEK Chipset).At that time, I was a novice on concept of rooting. At that time, I successfully rooted the phone; I felt very happy and downloaded all those apps with root permissions, overclocked the phone,enjoyed playing games etc. But my first experience with soft-brick came when I flashed custom rom for the first time. And after flashing, my phone would get stuck at boot logo repeatedly turning ON and OFF.I know then, that I soft-bricked my phone.For two long weeks I surfed the net, came across various procedures , followed them but no success.I even thought of going to get it repaired.But I came across a tool called SP Flash Tool( A tool for flashing for mediaTEK Chipset Android phones) , it required more time to study and follow it, but I successfully got through the problem.Even changing recovery was not helpful.This flashtool requires flashing through a PC, but it will definitely helps to regain your phone.From then on, I started flashing ROMs without any fear.
Many times when I try to port the firmware, OS or develop custom ROMs, due to some bugs, inconsistencies,etc, I got my phone frequently soft-bricked, but this tool has helped me to even this day successfully.:100::100::ok_hand:

So,I recommend that first you check whether your Xiaomi phone has a MediaTEK chipset or not.If yes then , go with SPFlashTool.
For any other, use a similar software for MI Phones, called MIFlashTool.Then flash official firmware and then custom firmware. It will definitely help , as it helped me.

1 Like

Nope, phone was over 4 years old at that point, long out of warranty, even if i took it to them and they could fix it it would probably cost me more to fix than just to buy a cheap huawei.

IF YOU HAD SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED TWRP TRY TO USE POWERBUTTON+UPPER VOL KEY / DOWN VOL KEY SIMULTANEOUSLY.IF YOU WILL BOOT INTO TWRP THEN TWRP INSTALLED OR YOU SHOULD AGAIN INSTALL TWRP USING FASTBOOT

TWRP ROM FOR MI4 INSTALL THIS ONE .

NOTE: THERE IS NO ORANGE FOX RECOVERY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PHONE… USE ONLY TWRP

1 Like

I tried flashing official rom using miflash tool. It also shown as success. But still, same problem exists!! :pensive:

sadly, there is no orange fox recoevry available for mi4 cancro, bro!!

I’ve tried installing twrp using fastboot method. It accepts the file and installs successfully. But still same problem exists. I also tried various versions of twrp.

Its the battery problem, nothing was wrong with software. After changing the battery everything works fine.

Thanks to all for your valuable advises…!!!

1 Like

What’s the problem with battery?
Did u replace with new battery or just recharged existing battery?

I think the battery’s life is over,

It took long time (8+ hrs) to get fully charged
It was not capable of booting up the device to the system.(which caused boot-loop, i think)

P.S: I changed to a new battery.!!