[SOLVED] Windows 10 explorer search bar is not working

hey guys, so i am facing a weird problem in my windows explorer,when i am searching something only one word is appearing on search bar and also it’s not giving any search result…for better understanding my problem,i am giving a video link below,please help me with this…

2 Likes

Try this might help

Use the Windows Search and Indexing troubleshooter to try to fix any problems that affect this process. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Select Start , then select Settings .
  2. In Windows Settings , select Update & security > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems , select Search and Indexing .
  3. Run the troubleshooter, and select any problems that apply. Windows will try to detect and solve them.

Or open command prompt as admin and type

msdt.exe -ep WindowsHelp id SearchDiagnostic

1 Like

this method doesn’t do any help :pleading_face:

Have you tried Indexing Options Rebuild ?

yes i did…i have tried every possible solution i could find on google :sob:

I think then reset is the only option left for you ! :rofl:

Try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: Rebuild search Index in Indexing Options

Sometimes it is required to manually rebuild the search index if you are facing any issues with the search operation. To do so,

1. Click on Start , type in Control Panel .
  2. Click on Advanced button.
  3. From the Index settings tab, click on Rebuild button under Troubleshooting .
  4. Click on Ok to confirm.
  5. Indexing will now be in progress. Click on Close when the Indexing is completed.
  6. If the issue still persists, check with Method 2.

Method 2: Create a new user profile

This issue can occur due to profile corruption, hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 and check if the issue still persists.

Also, check this below link, it will help you for the further troubleshoot.

Hope it helps.

We await for your response. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope it doesn’t work…please see the video…it’s a kind of weird problem