[SOLVED] Transalation english subtitles for Russian lang videos

I have set of video tutorials in Russian language. How can I create eng subtitle for those videos. Pls help

2 Likes

#1 The most known way! Using text editor!

Open Notepad or TextEdit.

Now we need to construct what will be said in our Subtitles.

There are three basic components that you need to add for each line of subtitling.

Number in the sequence.

When you want the subtitles to be displayed (start and end point).

What you want the subtitles to display.

Note: the colouring is for highlighting only and not a requirement when creating your Subtitles’.

So in the following…

00:00:01.000 → 00:00:03.000

Hello

…I am saying this is the first in the sequence (sequences begin at 0), that my Subtitles will display from the first to the third second and I want to display the text ‘Hello’.

To add subsequent Subtitles insert a blank line and repeat the same process:

00:00:01.000 → 00:00:03.000

Hello

00:00:03.000 → 00:00:05.000

How are you?

In the above example, it will say ‘Hello’, followed by ‘How are you?’ in the third second.

2 Subtitle Edit

https://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit/

Subtitle Edit is a free (open source) editor for video subtitles - a subtitle editor :slight_smile:

With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video in several different ways.
You can also use SE for making new subtitles from scratch (do use the time-line/waveform/spectrogram) or translating subtitles.
For a list of features see below or check out the Subtitle Edit Help page.
On my blog you can download latest beta version and read about/discuss new features.

Also, you can watch a few videos about installing and using Subtitle Edit.

Dny238 has written a nice tutorial about Syncing Subtitles with Subtitle Edit :slight_smile:

#3 Aegisub

It is free and open-source tool that’s great for adding subtitles to videos on both Windows and Mac, and translated to more than 20 languages. It isn’t always intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to add subtitles relatively quickly.

#4 srt-translator

Translating subtitles in format SubRip from one natural language to other. It is based on Google Translate without API and therefore without payment. Translator have automatic and manual spell checkers.

#4 Add Subtitles - Automatic

‎Add Subtitles - Automatic iOS app. (for video files)

full automatic:

• video transcription (90% accuracy)
  • edit text
  • translate text (all languages support)
  • export srt
  • export video with subtitles
4 Likes
  1. I extract audio from video with ffmpeg too simple too fast. Or use VLC to convert mp4 to mp3 . Be careful to split audios with 10 minutes long, longer this tool it won’t transcript complete.

2. Use this powerful online tool, it makes the work for you. Speech to Text Demo

3. Copy and Paste your transcription. You gonna need another tools to create a SRT file or something like that to join it to video.

3 Likes
2 Likes