[SOLVED] Reset ISP Router

Hello guys im new in the forum but i hope i can share with you something that would help everyone, and also learn in the process with you guys. Anyway…

I want to ask you for help with something i have been trying to solve in a while.

My “ISP” has set a configuration in my modem,i cant access my router to change the password and configure it , i just want to be able to has control of it but i have not been able to do so. I have try many factory reset methods.

Like…

1. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
  2. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds while removing the Ethernet cable wait for more 30 seconds and put again the Ethernet cable.( With this method i was able to enter my router login web interface, but when i connect again the Ethernet cable the configuration of the router come back.

Model: Arris TG2482A

Hope you can help me thank you.

It’s possible that you’re either resetting it incorrectly, or you have the incorrect default username and password. To reset you need to insert a paperclip for 25 seconds in the hole above the usb port. If that is not the case try these default passwords

3 Likes

Many modems require a separate profile configuration by ISP, it a user’s connection profile installation. sometimes it got wiped if you try connecting any faulty modem to spare connection. so make sure it’s not messed up.

Now the question is If you’re an owner of this connection and modem, then how come you’re wondering to get any trick? I mean just make a simple easy Call to your ISP and tell them the issue, they will provide you with the correct username/password that let you log in easily. it saves your time as well. all ISP have customer support and they are always there to clear complaints. just call them to ask them to do that, they can visit your location to fix it or even reset and reboot your modem without visiting the addressed location.

• We probably require this kind of tricks when we want to Play to with neighbour’s modem, something like, I took connection from my neighbour’s and I want to take control over it. LOL

Anyways, This method can be worked to change the password if you can log in:

1. First, go to a web browser
  2. Then, in the address bar type, 192.168.100.1
  3. Press enter, this will bring you to the Arris modem webpage
  4. Below where it says Arris, status is in a yellow box. To the right of it, you will see a wireless tab, click on it.
  5. This will ask you for a username and password:

Username: admin or cusadmin
Password: password

1. Then click apply
  2. Scroll down to security settings until you find the preshared key, now change this to any desired password you choose.
  3. Please remember to write down what password you have changed this to and keep it in a safe spot.
  4. Then reboot your modem by shutting down your computer completely(not on sleep or standby), unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet. Leave it unplugged for about 2 minutes then plug it back in and let it boot up completely with the 4 lights solid, then turn on your computer.

And further solutions already posted by @coolfuze
Just follow them and let it get done.

Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

How To Find Your Arris Routers IP Address

All routers have 2 IP addresses: an Internal IP Address , and an External IP Address . If you want to configure your router you need to connect to your Internal IP Address using a web browser. If you do not know your routers Internal IP Address you can do one of the following:

How To Find Your Arris’s Default Username and Password

We have collected a list of all known Arris Passwords.

You should check this list and try every combination on your router. If none of them work and you don’t know your router’s password then you should contact your ISP and ask them if they know. If they do not know your router’s username and password then you may have to follow the How To Reset Your Router Guide.

Alt Text

1 Like

Hello guys, thank your your replies, my isp wont give me the password and username to control my modem, if i want to change my WiFi password or configure my modem i have to call them and i feel that is kid of silly, that´s why i try to reset the modem but i was unable to do so because the password the ISP put in my modem web interface goes back ,thats why i thought you guys could have a solution. i think im not expressing myself well please replied if you guys dont understand.