[SOLVED] Need your advice choosing a professional in Computer Networking

Hi, everyone this is my first post since i join your onehack world. i hv learn many things from this single site and found many premium tutorials for free legally. The person sam , is i think not a simple man like us he’s very helpful & active person, sometimes i think maybe he’s Robot or Bot.

My background : I’m 23y M keen in computer tricks & hacking since 2010. I’ve learn alot about many computer tricks, used many hacking softwares/OS & much more. even i can type more than 70 WPM because i gave alot of my time to computer.
after passing grade-12 my elder brother suggest me to be graduate in mathematics instead of computer. finally now i’ve graduated in mathematics. but still my keen desire to be a computer_profesional was not gone. now again after joining this site i think i should learn computer-networking online.

sorry for rough article the reason for introducing myself is only that i need a good & helpful advice from all of you that now at this stage what should i have to do?
Also i informed to you that i can learn almost everything in computer. so give your suggestion.
Also suggest me what language should i have to learn.
i thought to learn #phython because this" How To Become A Hacker | Precious Guide! " article suggest this language for hacking.
i want to be a good hacker and computer professional…
so please help me in this field .

Again sorry for this rough article. also for my poor english. my native language is not Eng.
Thank you for everyone.

3 Likes

Well, i dont know if this would help, but let me try to explain so that it would stay in both Computer networking and hacking field.
I am not gonna go deep into it.
(Almost everything in hacking and computer networking is on the back of LINUX in some form)
(The things I will write are just step 0, it goes beyond that.)

• Linux - Kali (used mostly by hackers white or black ones), Mint, RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian are main ones you should be knowing them (NOT via GUI but through Command Line)
  • Command Line. (I’ve added this again because its more deeper than it looks, I mean there are many many things which can only be done via command line) (there are few free courses on udemy)
  • Scripting - As you will learn linux systems you will get to know that there are scripts written in bash or shell or other. (things are advanced here and more fun and time saving)
  • Ah, yes languages - C, C sharp, ++, of course python, but you should be knowing more basic ones like html and css and javascript , jquery too.
  • Hacking Programs - I wont explain them as you said you have tried programs before, but have you learned them in depth? even wireshark seemed easy until my teacher taught some advance things in that.
  • try taking some course , luckily you may find one for free here or other site.

For Hacking I would say its more about thinking creative. Creative ways to achieve something or get somewhere, learning the system and then finding a flaw in it to use it for something.

these above were the basic ones which almost every network engineer or hacker learns but after that you will have much more clear vision for your goal.
Dont worry about maths, programmers needs maths more than you think they do.
If you need any material for learning those I can provide some latest books, Good Luck.
thanks for reading my rant.
(The things I said are just step 0, it goes beyond that.)

3 Likes

Steps to Becoming a Network Engineer

If you’re wondering how to become a network engineer, the process isn’t as complex as you might think. While different companies will have different requirements and expectations of their network engineers, following these basic steps can set you on the path for success. How long it takes to become a computer network engineer can vary, but between earning a degree and gaining work experience, it is often in the area of eight to ten years. There are some companies who will offer entry level positions with on the job training or paid certifications to those with a solid background knowledge in networking in a shorter time frame.

Step 1: Earn a Network Engineering Degree

To work as a computer network engineer, companies generally prefer that applicants hold at least a bachelor’s degree , although some higher positions in large companies may require a master’s degree. Degree programs in network engineering are fairly common, often available at a variety schools and levels. Network engineer classes at the undergraduate level typically cover topics in:

• Network structure
  • Designing networks
  • Cybersecurity
  • Windows or Linux-based networking
  • Wireless and mobile networking

Master’s degree programs for computer networking typically cover more advanced and complex topics, as network engineers try to stay on the cutting edge of their field. They might take classes in systems architecture, data analytics, and systems engineering. Master’s degree programs may also have more of a business focus, which could result in classes like supply chain management, financial management, and intellectual property law. Both graduate and undergraduate programs are likely to involve internships or another form of hands-on learning.

Step 2: Find Entry-level Networking Jobs

Computer network engineering jobs may require a fair amount of experience , since companies can’t afford to risk downtime. As such, it’s often best to start out with other IT or networking jobs to help gain that experience. Computer network technicians perform much of the hands-on installation and setup of network systems, often under the supervision of a more experienced network engineer. Certain types of computer systems analyst positions may also be available to you, where you will work on one area of networking, such as security or traffic.

Step 3: Earn Certification

As you work in these entry-level positions, take the opportunity to earn certifications whenever possible. Certifications are often offered through software vendors and other computer companies, such as Microsoft or Cisco. These certifications can serve as proof that you are familiar with a company’s network infrastructure and that you have the recognized ability to maintain and expand it.

Step 4: Build a Computer Networking Career

With at least five years of computer networks engineering experience and proper certifications, you can begin searching for network engineer jobs . Companies will often list what certifications they are looking for, making it simple to apply only to those positions for which you are qualified. Even after becoming a network engineer, your climb up the corporate ladder won’t have to stop. Positions such as network and systems managers, or even chief technology officer, could still remain ahead.

5 Likes

@AMAN_ULLAH Follow the above given Guidance, and you will be good. You can go through the that course that uploaded on FTU yesterday and available in top list means last uploaded ‘‘Hacking For Beginners’’, all the basics and starting tasks may found under this Course. at least it will help you to get further guidance from where to start. Good luck!

THREAD MARKED AS SOLVED.

9 Likes