[SOLVED] Need help importing chat history of Whatsapp from external file

Hello everyone, I have a backup file on my phone containing my chat history of Whatsapp
I need help importing from it not from the drive website, I tried googling many times but didn’t find an answer.
Is there any way I can get it done?
Would be glad if I get any help for this matter. Thanks !

4 Likes

Did you check this?

Here instead of another phone , try importing from external.
Was it helpful?

1 Like

Restore WhatsApp Chat History from Local Backup

Your phone will store up to a week’s worth of local backup files. Google Drive will only have the most recent one. If you want to get a local backup for your phone, you’ll need to transfer the files to the new phone using a computer, file explorer or SD Card.

• Step 1. Download the file manager app.
  • Step 2. In the file manager app, navigate to SD card/WhatsApp/Databases. If your data isn’t stored on the SD card, you might want to check “internal storage” or “main storage” instead of an SD card.
  • Step 3. Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. It’s possible that an earlier backup may be on an earlier protocol, such as crypt9 or crypt10. Do not change the number of the crypt extension.
  • Step 4. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
  • Step 5. Tap RESTORE when prompted.

While re-installing whatsapp:

Confirm your mobile number by verifying received OTP.

Verify Two-step Authentication, if set previously.

And then immidiatly close data connection.

Then after some time whatsapp will ask you to skip the backup restore process.

Click on skip.

Then a pop-up messege will be dispalyed, click on skip again.

Then it will search your local memory for recent backup (msgstore.db.crypt12) file, and ask to restore the local backup.

After this step turn on your data connection and click on restore.

Remember to turn on data connection before clicking on Restore.

2 Likes

Manually backing up chats and restoring them

• Open the Settings menu of WhatsApp, tap on Chats and calls and then tap Chat backup .

*Tap the three dots (options) button. Go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup

• If your old Android phone and new one both primarily use an external SD card for memory, simply back up to the SD card and then switch it out of your old phone, and put it into your new one. Restore from the SD card to a newly installed WhatsApp on your new phone.
  • For phones that save to internal memory, such as most newer devices, connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable, and navigate to the internal memory of the device to the folder WhatsApp / Database. This is where all the backup files are saved with a date. They will look something like “msgstore-2013-05-29.db.crypt”. Copy the file with the latest creation date (it will have a different name from the automatic backups created, mine is “msgstore.db.crypt8”) onto your PC in an easy to find location (such as your desktop).
  • Install WhatsApp on your new device but do not start the app!
  • Connect your new device to the PC via USB. Because you’ve already downloaded WhatsApp onto your new handset, the folder WhatsApp / Databases should now exist. If not, you can manually create a new Databases folder in the WhatsApp folder.

You can use a folder browsing app like File Commander to navigate to your internal storage on your phone, just like you can on your PC

• Copy your WhatsApp conversation backup file into this folder.
  • Now start WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should now get a notification that a message backup was found. Just tap Restore , and you’re done. After a few seconds, all of your messages should have appeared on your new device.

Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @Hyperdemongod , @TheJoker , @SaM for the support
You are the best :muscle: :muscle:

2 Likes