[SOLVED] How to move whole HDD with Windows To New PC?

I just bought a new custom build PC Tower and its gonna get delivered tomorrow, I wanna ask that How can I move my HDD to the new PC, with all the files and Softwares and everything exactly the same as now?
Also if u can tell me some important things I should keep in mind while moving the HDD - By hardware point-of-view and Software-point-of-view also!

Please help if anybody can, Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

You should use Minitool partition wizard. There is an option to OS to SSD/HDD. That is what you will use. All you have to do is to follow the instruction or follow a youtube video tutorial

1 Like

@DevilDuck Just remove power adapter and Sata from old new and plug into new PC, that it. I guess this would perfect rather than wasting your time in copying your files and waiting for hours and hours.

1 Like

There was a software called Norton Ghost. It was fast

1 Like

You can do a hardware cloning. There is a hardware available for such tasks on AE. Mine is a Ugreen dual docking Station; there is an Orico
brand and other brands as well. I bought one. Its called a HDD docking STATION. Can be used for both internal and external HDD. With it you can clone your HDD (supports both 3.5" and 2.5" SATA). And the good thing about it is that it’s an offline cloning. You don’t need to plug it into your PC. Just connect both HDD and power up the hardware with a power source. It clones the entire drive–OS, software and what have you.

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

1 Like

I use Acronis True Image 2019 .The crack version is available in torrent .Downloa it and follow the steps ,your work will be done in no time .

1 Like

If i just do that, then what files/areas will remain same on the HDD and what will get deleted?
Please tell if u know cause i m thinking of doing as u said!

Will look into it, thanks!

@DevilDuck Nothing will be lost. I have been in these computer assembling and custom pc build for 5 to 6 years. No Data will be Lost I am Damn Sure about it. What all files which you have in HDD will remain as such. Make sure that after connecting to your new PC choose which boot device you want in BIOS else it will be booting into old Operating System which is present in Old HDD.

1 Like

Thanks Everyone for helping, My Problem is resolved now, Thanks again for the Quick Response!

2 Likes

You eventually used a software?

Cheers!!!

… And Over Every Possessor of Knowledge, There is (Some) One (Else) More Knowledgeable.

Yeah i used Minitool partition wizard software to clone my HDD to an external HDD and then copied it to the HDD of my new PC :sweat_smile:
Actually now i am keeping my old PC as a Backup PC.

1 Like