[SOLVED] fix error 1020

Hello onehackers , please i need help fixing this error
When i visited some websites i was stopped and this message appeared to me
Error 1020 access denied
This website using security service to protect itself from online attacks

Can anyone tell me what this message mean and how do i fix it ? Thank you in advance :slight_smile:
download

While visiting a site protected by Cloudflare, error 1020 “ Access denied ( Error : 1020 )” indicates you’ve violated a Firewall Rule. When this happens, you’ll see the error “ Access Denied ( Error : 1020 )” and your request was blocked by the filter based Firewall rule on the site.

Error
Try the suggestions in this Community Tip to help you fix “Access denied (Error: 1020)” when visiting a site protected by Cloudflare.

Background
While visiting a site protected by Cloudflare, error 1020 “Access denied (Error: 1020)” indicates you’ve violated a Firewall Rule. When this happens, you’ll see the error “Access Denied (Error: 1020)” and your request was blocked by the filter based Firewall rule on the site. If you’re the site owner, you can find the requests that was blocked by the Firewall on the Firewall page under the Events menu.

Quick Fix Ideas

1. If you are visiting the site, contact the site owner and let them know that you received the Access denied error and ask them to check their Firewall Rules. Only the owner of the site you’re visiting can tell you why you are unable to access the site. Contacting Support or posting here will not result in an answer.
  2. If you are the site owner and you want to isolate what rule is being violated, first review your Firewall Rules. Next, turn off the firewall rules to see if the challenge goes away. Turn them all off, check, and if the error goes away, begin to turn them on one at a time.
  3. Alternatively, search for the RAYID in the Firewall Events Log to determine which rule is being violated.
  4. You can verify the issue is caused by your Firewall if you disable Clouflare and then visit the site. See How do I disable Cloudflare ?
  5. If you only want to protect a portion of your site or isolate what rule is being violated, turn off WAF for the entire domain and use Page Rules to enable WAF for specific URLs.
  6. If you encounter the error 1020, you’re violating a firewall rule the site owner has put in place, the error has nothing to do with the product Cloudflare Access.

The only fix is, inform them and they will contact you and simply fix it if they real. You can read the solution available officially by Cloudflare.

Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you very much this is helpful

1 Like