[SOLVED] Difference Between Cyber Security and Digital Forensics

I am bit confused between Cyber Security and Digital Forensics both look very similar.
I am taking admission in University and they offer some IT courses I selected Big Data, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics. But I am bit confused in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics. Whats the major difference between them and which course should I select between them for future IT challenges and opportunity.

2 Likes

Cyber forensics deals with analysing, preserving, extracting and submitting evidence in an permissible format. Cyberforensics extensively deals with investigation of cybercrimes and frauds that happen using technology.

Where is Cyber Forensics is about analysis and investigation of digital crimes. It involves Identification, Sezuire, Analysis, Preservation, Documentation and Presentation (in the court of Law).

Cybersecurity is a vast field. It deals with finding vulnerbilities(loop holes). Patching those loopholes which might be present in websites, operating system, software etc and thereby imrpoving the entire security so that hacking attempts can be reduced.

• Cyber Forensics is always carried out after the incident has occurred while cyber security is done to prevent such in incidents.

Hope this helps.

6 Likes

@WASIQ_MAHMOOD You can also read a complete bible here if you’re interested:

What Is Digital Forensics | History | Process | Types And Challenges!
110 Cyber Security Interview Questions & Answers You Ever Wonder To Know!
Potential Security Threats To Your Computer Systems!

@TheJoker thanks for the fastest responds on solving the topics :+1:

4 Likes