[SOLVED] Can't recover Paypal password

In brief:
I forgot my paypal password and my phone doesn’t recieve any SMS from paypal which is necessary for the password recovery.
Now everytime I try to recover my password using my email, instead of sending me a recovery email paypal says “Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you”.
Annotation 2020-02-19 114426

I have tried calling them but it never gets answered. Chatting option is shutdown. Email option needs login.
Help me, I am screwed.

What exactly happened was the first time tried to recover password, I chose to recover with phone number but then the verification code SMS never reached my phone, even after multiple tries. So then I switched to recovery using email and since then this problem is here.

Edit: After 24 hours it allows me to use recover my email to recover password but after I put my verification code. It also sends sms to my phone for another verification code. But I never recieve any SMS from paypal. :cold_sweat: And after clicking on resend SMS several times the it shows the same message from the above picture and now i am in the same loop for next 24 hours.

The chat option is live, just select your issue first, then scroll down, you will see the chat icon is clickable!

You can open another account and refer them to the old one is having an issue while recovering the password! Also, you call as a guest if you are unable to log in, just wait they will answer!

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It’s: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Also, Remember! Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Last, but not least… wait for 48 hours…then try again!

2 Likes