[SOLVED] Backup windows programs before a clean windows 10

Hi, is there a way to backup mine windows programs & windows apps and steam games, with all the settings and serial numbers so as it right now., before I do a clean installation of windows 10?

(Like by Android phone f.e. with Titanium Backup.)

Some tips / ideas?

Thanks Anyway! :sunglasses:

Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10

And you always have an Option in Windows 10 to Reset/Refresh OS to default, without losing personal files. You can try that out.

Workaround to reset Windows 10 without losing apps and programs?
Yes, there is a workaround. If you are looking to reset Windows 10, so that you can resolve an issue, you can consider repairing Windows 10 installation instead of resetting it. When you repair the Windows 10 installation, your personal data, installed apps, and programs will be retained. More importantly, this will fix your Windows 10 issues as well.

NOTE: For clean Install purposes, Reinstalling the Apps & software Recommended. backup apps may cause trouble due to logs file that stored into your previous OS plus compatibility issue. so Simply take a screenshot from Program & files to remember which app you’ve using before and install them again.

Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

@Sam, Thank you for the extended information!I

I found Cloneapp for Windows 10: https://www.mirinsoft.com/ms-apps/cloneapp-ua

Look a nice sulutions.

But is there a better options for individual backup programs/windows apps and thier settings / serials and there data?

2 Likes

To restore individual files or folders or to get an old version of a file back, type “restore files” into the taskbar and click “Restore your files with File History.” You’ll be able to scroll through different versions to find the one you want to recover.

If you hit “Restore,” the file will be saved in its original location. Right-click Restore > Restore to allows you to select a different folder or location.

• You can also restore previous versions of a file without having to open the File History restore tool. Right-click on the file, select Properties, and go to the Previous Versions tab.

Handy! But you have to have this feature turned on for it to be useful.

4 Likes