Reasons Why Most Entrepreneurs Fail | You Should Avoid Them!

Well, I found these reasons behind the most entrepreneurs failures, let me bring them down here…

These points should not discourage you from endeavoring on your entrepreneurial journey, but rather use them as a guide to help you not stumble on your way to success.

1. Before Any Thing Happens You Quit

Starting a business is like embarking on the unknown. Yes, you have your plan ready and will start next week, then next week becomes next month…and so on. You have quit before you even started. If you are about to start a business and cannot get your timeline straight, you are already heading for a disaster.

2. You Have The Wrong Conception of Entrepreneurship

Getting inspired by seeing other entrepreneurs achieve and live their dreams is amazing, but you fail to understand the fundamentals of what it entails to get to that level. Most successful entrepreneurs have failed mercilessly along the way, so you’ll need to understand what failure is and how to marginalize your emotions and get back to work.

The wrong conception of entrepreneurship is thinking you’ll make a ton of money tomorrow with no hard-work and then you find yourself working long hours with no income to pay your bills or even get a full meal a day. From my experience, aspiring entrepreneurs don’t understand this fundamental sacrifice to succeed in the future.

3. Your Product Market Fit

Not doing research on the market you plan to target, is already a recipe for failure. If you can’t find customers for your potential product, you might be wasting your time and money. Most industries are very competitive, so you’ll need to find a product that will resonate with a specific industry.

4. You Have No Soft Skills

Most entrepreneurs fail due to a lack of soft skills. What do I mean by that, well if you can’t listen to advice or communicate respectfully — you might be heading for failure. You don’t take responsibility for your actions, blame your employees for mistakes you or them made without encouragement can be a serious case of bad soft skills.

5. Expectations Too High

Believing in yourself is key to succeeding, but believing in miracles with no hard-work or smart moves is like waiting to fail. I’m not saying miracles can’t happen, you just have to work hard and smart to get closer to your miracle.

Make sure to view your journey from a realistic phase, so you can focus on the things that matter to make your miracle happen. On this note, always make sure you are helping and solving a problem for others not yourself.

6. Not Being Smart

No entrepreneur is dumb. But if you are not approaching your business from the right angle, you might not be doing the right things to achieve your goals. If the market you are targeting doesn’t accept your idea, you might’ve been creating the wrong product because you missed the testing phase which includes; Market fit, customer types, demographic and location (for seasonal products and services).

Some entrepreneurs fail because their entrepreneurship skills come with variations. The saddest is someone who thinks they are tremendous well-rounded entrepreneurs but others think they are terrible at running or creating companies that actually yield a following. If you blind to what others see, then you are blind to succeed and this will almost account for failure in the long run.

7. Terrible Business Partners

Not knowing who to partner with, can be a hint you are heading for a disaster. Entrepreneurs who fail, often surround themselves with the wrong crowd. If you are also on the receiving end and always never challenged, you should be afraid of the crowd you surround yourself with. Giving in too much or redrawing out of situations to quickly can be horrible.

Successful entrepreneurs turn to have a purpose-driven strategy on how they spend their time and are always asking questions as to how this new partnership will help them grow or advise them on new ways to reach high. Bad entrepreneurs don’t understand these filters and will usually fail to bring in the worst partners.

8. Do-It-Yourself Mentality

If you are and entrepreneur and cannot coordinate tasks for your business, you might simply not grow or you will fail. You can have all the tools, power, energy and mindset to get things done, but there is much more you might be missing because you lack the skills to get them done.

If you find yourself in this situation, hire help for the specific skills deficiency — don’t try to do it on your own. Entrepreneurs who think they won’t need help to grow are usually delusional or hard-headed and will eventually give up and throw the towel.

9. Can’t Manage A Business Budget

Running a business comes with expenses, even when you are not making money. How will you plan and execute your budgets?

This is where most entrepreneurs fail because they run out of money due to over spending on unnecessary things. If you are just starting out, being frugal can be the best way to go. The bad thing about not managing your business budget right, is the fantasy that things will always be the same or more.

In business, things can change very quickly and if you don’t adjust you’ll be bleeding cash out of your business. Always make sure to have budget reserves and save for the future of your company. Money is one of the biggest reasons why entrepreneurs fail quickly.

Conclusion

I was inspired to write this piece because of the decision have seen go awry by entrepreneurs I believed to be on their game. Nevertheless, I hope this helps guide you through your entrepreneurial journey — Pushing you through the failures and lifting you up through the process of running a business. It’s never going to be easy!

What’s your experience, Did you fail or what’s the reason behind your success? Share with 1hackers!

HAPPY LEARNING! :+1:

9 Likes

Sam Bhai Same thing Happening Here I want to start Blogging 2 or 3 keywords ideas r thr but i need API for that But they R Charging for API eg: indian railways api, weather, games thr r some free stuff.
but they all are using github, i m new in this programming field so pls can you help me about to learn API and github how can i installed or codding for this Sam Bhai