New Web Service Can Notify Companies When Their Employees Get Phished

Starting today, companies across the world have a new free web service at their disposal that will automatically send out email notifications if one of their employees gets phished. From a report:
The service is named “I Got Phished” and is managed by Abuse.ch, a non-profit organization known for its malware and cyber-crime tracking operations. Just like all other Abuse.ch services, I Got Phished will be free to use. Any company can sign-up via the I Got Phished website. Signing up only takes a few seconds. Subscribing for email notifications is done on a domain name basis, and companies don’t have to expose a list of their employee email addresses to a third-party service. Once a company’s security staff has subscribed to the service, I Got Phished will check its internal database for email addresses for the company’s email domain. This database contains logs from phishing operations, with emails for phished victims.

https://twitter.com/malwrhunterteam/status/1217537430133194752

DEPLOYING 2FA SHOULD PREVENT MOST PHISHING ATTACKS

Abuse.ch told ZDNet that many companies would easily mitigate the danger of employees falling to phishing attacks if they’d only deploy two-factor authentication for corporate accounts.

3 Likes