Netflix Cancels 'Altered Carbon' After Just Two Seasons

According to Variety, the sci-fi series “Altered Carbon” has been canceled at Netflix, after airing just two seasons. From the report:

The second season of the sci-fi series aired on the streaming service back in February, while the first season aired in 2018. An anime special titled “Resleeved,” which was set before the events of Season 1, was released in 2019. The series was based on the novel of the same name by Richard K. Morgan. It followed the adventures of interstellar warrior Takeshi Kovacs, who was played by Joel Kinnaman in Season 1 and by Anthony Mackie in Season 2. “Altered Carbon” took place in a futuristic world where the human mind has been digitized and a person can transfer their consciousness from one body to the next. According to an individual with knowledge of the decision, the decision to cancel the show was made due to Netflix’s traditional approach of cost versus viewership of a series.

1 Like

thats sad i finished 2 nd season yesterday

That sucks big time. I was hoping a third season was coming out. I liked the A.I barman, i think his name was Poe. Was a cool show that. Lets hope its replaced by something similar.

That’s SAD :frowning: was waiting for S3