[NEED HELP] NET. Framework 4.7.2 Issue

I need to upgrade my NET. Framework in order to get a software to run.

But, whenever I download the 4.7.2 or even the 4.8 (latest version) and install it on my PC (running Win10) I encounter some issues…

Translating that it says something like…

blocking problems

the .NET Framework 4.8 redistributable package does not apply to this operating system. Download the .NET Framework 4.8 for your operating system from the Microsoft Download Center.

And I have download and installing 3 types of .NET Framework.

The online, offline, and developers file. All supporting Windows 64 bits and 32 bits alike. But neither will install on my PC.

Thoughts?

I think you need to download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019
may be this will help Link

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance on the topic and perhaps I am risking to ask a dumb question but…What Visual C++ has to do with my issue with .NET Framework?

Either way, I have VSC install on my PC and I just install the one from your link and I am still getting the same error.

The .NET Framework 4.5.x/4.6.x/4.7.x/4.8 ( language ) requires the .NET Framework 4.5.x/4.6.x/4.7.x/4.8. Please install the .NET Framework 4.5.x/4.6.x/4.7.x/4.8 from the Download Center and rerun Setup.

You must install the English version of the specified .NET Framework release before installing a language pack. For more information, see the section on To install language packs in the installation guide.

The .NET Framework 4.5.x/4.6.x/4.7.x/4.8 redistributable does not apply to this operating system. Please download the .NET Framework 4.5.x/4.6.x/4.7.x/4.8 for your operating system from the .NET Framework download page.

You may be trying to install .NET Framework 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, or 4.8 on a platform that isn’t supported, or you have chosen the installation package that does not include the components for all supported operating systems. Run the installation again by using the offline installer (for 4.5.1, for 4.5.2, for 4.6, for 4.6.1, for 4.6.2, for 4.7), for 4.7.1, for 4.7.2, or for 4.8. For more information, see the installation guide and system requirements for supported operating systems.

I have installed the 3.5 version and I need the 4.7.2 in order for a software to run. I have WIN10 64bits installed.

And I am running a i7 3.5Mhz processor with 8gb of RAM and plenty of free space to download NET Framework.

Read the message in bold again bro, you’ll find your fix. Not the system requirements.

I have. As I understand it, I have to install a language package before installing a newer version of NET Framework.

But, when doing so, it says I need to install the Spanish version of the NET Framework before installing any NET Framework package.

My Windows is in Spanish, I don´t know if that is important.

I am sorry but, I´ve followed everything on bold and have read the guides and I am still unable to get this done.

You may be trying to install .NET Framework 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2, or 4.8 on a platform that isn’t supported, or you have chosen the installation package that does not include the components for all supported operating systems

YES! I am trying to install the 4.7.2 (version required by the software I am trying to run) and my system has the 3.5 version.

I am running a Win10 64 bit OS.

Run the installation again by using the offline installer (for 4.5.1, for 4.5.2, for 4.6, for 4.6.1, for 4.6.2, for 4.7), for 4.7.1, for 4.7.2, or for 4.8 .

I tried with the online, offline, and developers installer and they all show the SAME issue.

For more information, see the installation guide and system requirements for supported operating systems.

Already read the guides and, they are all redirecting me to the same download page.

What version of Windows are you on? also are you using Pro or Enterprise?

You can also use this command { Dism.exe /online /Enable-Feature:NETFX3 /All /source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess } under the command prompt of the windows media file

Everything is working now, I had like 1gb in pending updates on my Windows :grinning: :sweat_smile: :blush:

Thanks guys!!