List Of Firefox Addons That You Must Use While Hacking | Developing 💯

All of these tools will broaden your horizons and give you many more options while programming, hacking, developing, etc.

Addon #1 " Self-Destructing Cookies ."

Self-Destructing Cookies is exactly what the name implies. When you close a tab in firefox, all of the cookies associated with that tab delete themselves. The great thing about it is that is customizable. For example, if I go to hbh all the time and I don’t want the cookies to delete, I can whitelist hbh. Or any other site.
Note: You should whitelist hbh, not only because it’s awesome but if your cookies are self-destructing, it can make some of the challenges impossible.

Addon 2 " FireBug "

FireBug allows you to inspect the element in ways you can’t with the standard inspector. It allows you to monitor, edit, and debug CSS, HTML, and javascript all in one area. The great part is that it updates live so you can see the changes your making.

Addon #3 " Grease Monkey "

Grease Monkey allows you to run little bits of javascript to customize websites. One of my favorite scripts is for facebook. It customizes the homepage, blocks the adds, and it just looks cool. Really, anything you can write a script for, you can execute with grease monkey.
Hint: You can do the timed challenges with grease monkey. It’s a little challenging, but you’ll learn a lot by figuring it out.

Addon #4 " TamperData "

TamperData allows you to view and modify HTTP/HTTPS headers and POST parameters. You can also trace and time those parameters. This is especially useful if you want to modify the way your information is being sent to a website.

Hint: This is necessary to beat Basic 28.

Addon #5 " Web Developer (and Web Developer Extension) "

The best way to learn about this tool is to get it and play around with it. You can customize and manage cookies. Edit and disable CSS. Change the way forms act. And the list goes on and on.

As with anything, there is no better way to learn than hands-on experience. So get to downloading.

ENJOY & HAPPY LEARNING! :+1:

20 Likes