Life Lessons Part One!

Hey! Hope you find this useful :slight_smile:
Read one everyday and follow it for 84 days. If you can do something

continuously for 84 days, it becomes a habit.

1. If you ever think of wasting food, or if you even waste food, watch this. (instead of download watch directly)

2. One of the most efficient ways to manage and get important tasks done is to jot down a list of the most
    important things to be done in decreasing order of priority the night before or on the morning of the day.
    Then get started and complete the first task only. And then move to the next without being distracted.
    This way, we get most of the work done in one go and without splitting our attention between multiple
    works. It forces us to prioritize and focus on the most important thing with full attention. It's simple too as
    we limit the number of tasks to around 6.

3. If you know what you want to do, but are postponing it to tomorrow, then know that tomorrow turns into
    years and soon, into a lifetime. It's not because we can't do it but we aren't willing to do it. If it's really
    something we want done, then for sure we will find a way to do it because that's something we
    absolutely need DONE! You'll always find a way to get what you want done. Putting off things is the
    biggest waste of life. It snatches away each day as it comes and denies us the present by promising us
    the future.

4. Our looks have nothing to do with personality/confidence. Our personality is just a reflection of we see
    our self. The thing is, our personality is just a movie inside our head and we own the script. If there's
    something we don't like about our personality, then we need only just make a new script for that
    particular situation. Then read the script every day for 21 days for just 3 minutes. By doing this, we are
    engraining it in our brain and so, we automatically become who we want to be.

5. If we want to get something done, then just start off by convincing yourself to do that task for 10
    minutes. And then we can decide if we want to stop or continue doing the task for an hour or so
    (reading). No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading. Or surrender yourself
    to self-chosen ignorance.

6. If you fail, then celebrate. Because, success does not bring happiness. It's the other way round.
    Happiness brings success.

7. The most important thing in life is your ability to shed trouble and to laugh through life – your ability to
    turn ducks into swans. Because “a sunny disposition is worth more than fortune.” I have had a long life
    full of troubles, but there is one curious fact about them – nine tenths of them never happened.’ The
    truth is that most of the troubles of humanity are imaginary and should be laughed out of court. Don’t
    cross a bridge until you come to it, and don’t say good morning to the Devil until you meet him. All is
    well, until something actually goes wrong, and even when it does, nine times out of ten it’s not as bad
    as you thought it'd be. Remember, a wise man is the confirmed optimist. It’s a huge mistake not to seize
    an opportunity when it’s given to you. If you’re presented with a real opportunity – whether it's a
    business deal or the person of your dreams agreeing to go on a date – act quickly. It's a "flash of
    lightning". A great business is never built, except on lines of the strictest integrity. A reputation for
    “cuteness” and sharp dealing is fatal in great affairs. Early in his career, Carnegie was given a bonus of
    $2.50. When he gave the bonus to his parents to help support the family, he said no future success
    thrilled him like that one and that he couldn’t even imagine one that did. And from this point on, Andrew
    Carnegie knew he wanted to be rich. But not for himself. He dreamt of his parents being able to ride in a
    carriage one day, for them to have the good things in life. He not only knew he wanted to be rich, but he
    had a powerful motivation behind it – a motivation bigger than himself.

8. Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge, you’ll become a fool. Let your learning lead to action, you’ll
    become wealthy. The lesson? Take time to read every day. And whenever you learn something that
    matters, put it to use as soon as humanly possible. Further, Carnegie says his success in life wasn’t
    because of what he had known or done himself, but because of his skill of knowing and choosing others
    who did know better than him. What’s crazy is “the steel king” says he knew very little about the making
    and marketing of steel. He also says “I did not understand steam machinery, but I tried to understand
    that much more complicated piece of mechanism – man.” He understood people – how to deal with
    others and make them feel good, what makes them tick, how to get a group of people to work together
    and so on. The single most important skill you can develop for success is learning to understand people
    and move them toward a collective goal. Another, Andrew worked in Washington during the Civil War.
    His thoughts on President Lincoln? “He had a kind word for everybody, even the youngest boy in the office. His attentions were the same to all, as deferential in talking to the messenger boy as to the
    Secretary Steward. I noticed that he was never tired of praising his subordinates in the war. He spoke of
    them as a fond father speaks of his children”. Genuine appreciation is one of the easiest things you
    can give. It also has perhaps the biggest impact. The power of decision is sometimes overlooked
    upon. When Carnegie was making only thirty dollars a month, he said “already future millionairedom
    seemed dawning.” Or when he got yet another promotion at the railroad company he worked for, he
    declined, “telling him that I had decided to give up the railroad service altogether, that I was determined
    to make a fortune and I saw no means of doing this honestly at any salary at the railroad.” In other
    words, he made a decision he was going to be rich. He was convinced he’d make it happen. And at that
    point, "nothing could be allowed to interfere for a moment with my business career.” He did whatever it
    took. There’s a similar story about John Rockefeller, the only man in American history ever richer
    than Carnegie. While he was at his first job, he was once yelling to an older businessman “I am bound
    to be rich! Bound to be rich! Bound-to-be-rich!” It seems getting what you want is a mental decision you
    need to make long before the thing you want is at your doorstep. And the decision needs to be made
    with complete conviction. The Gods Send Thread For a Web Begun: How many people spend months,
    or years, planning – only to find out when they actually start, the journey looks nothing like what they
    envisioned. That’s why Carnegie says “God sends thread for a web begun.” After you’ve committed to
    what you want, don’t wait to figure everything out before you start. You’ll only get the thread for “your
    web” once you get started. Do Good Whenever You Can. No kind action is ever lost. Carnegie says
    “even to this day I occasionally meet men whom I had forgotten who recall some small attention I have
    been able to pay them. … I am indebted to these trifles for some of the happiest attentions and the
    most pleasing incidents of my life. … It counts many times more to do a kindness to a poor
    working-man than to a millionaire, who may be able someday to repay the favor." He also says
    that the best portion of a person’s life – his or her little, nameless unremembered acts of kindles and
    love. Great Success Often Comes From Insignificant Things. Andrew Carnegie kept talking about two
    principles over and over. The first was that when you have an opportunity, act immediately. The second
    was that success hangs upon trifles. The little things. A word, a look, an accent, may affect the destiny
    not only of individuals, but of nations. The truth is that it’s often the little things that make the biggest
    difference. The party you almost didn’t go to, the person you could have not met, and the thing you
    almost weren’t going to do… So your job is to put yourself in as many positions as possible because
    you never know which small thing will turn into a life-changing success. Most people suck at public
    speaking. And it’s not their fault. It’s because what we’re taught about public speaking is wrong. Here’s
    Carnegie’s solution… talk to your audience like you do anyone else. In other words, don’t go into
    'presenter mode' when speaking in public, into 'sales mode' when selling and into 'formal mode' when
    writing a letter. People don't relate to public speakers or salesmen. They relate to other people. You'll
    Get Help If You Need It. Those who show willingness to help themselves need not worry about
    obtaining the help of others. Carnegie says that people deserving necessary assistance at critical
    periods in their career usually receive it. There are many men and women who are not only willing, but
    anxious to stretch forth a helping hand to those they know to be worthy. It’s interesting to see how many
    people say they want help, but the solution could be staring them in the face and they won’t act on it
    because they’re so identified with their problem. Show a willingness to solve any situation you’re in and
    you’ll get help if you need it. Live In The Present. Life’s not about what happened before. It’s also not
    about what’s to come. Yet, we live most of our lives in these two fantasies and little fully present in the
    moment. That’s why Carnegie says to remember that “now and here is Heaven within us. All our duties
    lie in this world and in the present, and trying to impatiently peer into that which lies beyond is as vain
    as fruitless.” So catch yourself from time to time drifting into the past or future, and bring your focus
    back.

9. We create generalizations about the world…Then act like they're true. But Virginia Satir, a pioneer in
    family therapy, said… “Nothing Ever Happens In General. Everything Always Happens
    Specifically” And John Grinder and Richard Bandler say in The Structure of Magic that… Your job is to
    question your thinking to bring it back to real experience. Because you can’t fix generalities. You can fix
    specifics. You do this by asking…Who Specifically? Or…What Specifically? For Example… Instead
    of “I want people to like me," you ask “Who specifically do I want to like me?” Instead of “I don’t
    have a lot of friends," you ask “Who specifically am I comparing myself to who has more friends?"
    Instead of “My mother hurt me," you ask “How specifically did she hurt me?” Instead of “People
    push me around,” you ask “Who specifically pushes me around?”

10. The first step is to check if we are ready for the journey by checking if we are ready for any discomfort
    that may come our way, are we ready for changes? And then we choose our ideas of the future and
    then place them on the table. Every huge ideas starts with a small point. A small push. And we never
    start and get immediate results. It's only down to two choices, either we start realizing the dream or we
    drop it.

11. To develop a habit, we need to start doing that action for just about 5 mins a day for around 3 weeks.
    Later, we forget how the door opens and know that it remains open for us. And if we choose to do
    something, we must remember that we should not give up. We see it through to the end. We burn the
    bridges. Take responsibility for what you choose. It is you who chose it. So live up to that fact. Don't
    deny that you didn't choose this by blaming it on the situations and circumstances.

12. Ever since childhood, we are used to seeing red pen marks. Have we ever seen green pen marks?
    Teachers only point out where we are lacking and how to develop on those areas. They never told us
    where we excel and how to further improve that part of us. So take the green pen and mark it out? We
    have to train our self to live with the small amount of fear, exactly enough to keep us going and continue
    living with the risk. The best thing to do here is to find the amount of fear that works for us and jump one
    meter with the fear 10 times rather than once having to jump 10 meters. We shouldn't be afraid to make
    mistakes. Instead, we should make mistakes. If you want to achieve something new, we need to do
    something new. Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
    Tomorrow is but a mystical land where 99% of human achievements are stored.

13. Day tight compartments : Miquel Sunyer swam the English Channel in freezing cold water, with no
    wetsuit… That’s a minimum of 21 miles (or 1,340 laps in an Olympic size pool!). He said he was able to
    do it because his mind never went past the next stroke. NAVY SEALs are no different…They don’t think
    about the next meal…They don’t think about the next text… they just focus on the next step. Anytime
    you feel stressed, narrow your focus to the immediate future or as Dale Carnegie said in How to Stop
    Worrying and Start Living, “LIVE IN DAY-TIGHT COMPARTMENTS.” Create the feeling: You should
    focus on right now. But you should also be looking ahead… Not to a few steps from now. But to the very
    end… Because anyone who GETS THINGS DONE…whether a Navy SEAL or a “Productivity Rock
    Star"… Imagines what it will feel like to FINISH what they’re working on… Don’t want to finish the
    workout? Imagine how great it’ll feel when you put down the last weight and walk out the gym… Don’t
    want to finish your work? Imagine how great it’ll feel when you’re done… Imagine what it will feel like
    when you successfully do the thing you’re doing now. Watch how that motivates you to keep going
    when things get hard… When all else fails, whenever you feel discouraged, demotivated or drained….
    That’s a sign a part of your brain called the amygdala has taken over. The way to beat this reaction is to
    flood your body with oxygen. When you do this, you change your blood chemistry, and calm down the
    amygdala. Here’s a special kind of breathing the Navy SEALs do… Inhale deeply for a count of six. Hold
    it for a count of two. Then exhale for a count of six – completely emptying your lungs. Do this just three
    times. It will lower your blood pressure, and increase your ability to think clearly. Try it… Cheer
    yourself :wink: We all hear voices in our heads that are discouraging. That's why the Navy SEALs create
    their own cheering section in their heads. They force their mental voice to say, “You can do it! This is
    easy. Forget that mistake"… And NOT "This is terrible. This is exhausting. I wonder if my left ankle is
    going to hold up." They cheer themselves on while they’re doing something. Instead of listing their
    troubles, they list everything that feels good, even if it isn’t true.

14. Never wish anyone pain. That's not who you are. If someone caused you pain, then they must have
    pain inside. Wish them healing.

15. The more chances you give someone, the less respect they'll start to have for you. They'll begin to
    ignore the standards that you've set because they'll know that you will always give another chance.
    They're not afraid to lose you because they know no matter what, you won't walk away. They get
    comfortable with depending on your forgiveness. Never let a person get comfortable disrespecting you.

16. If there's even a slight chance at getting something that will make you happy, RISK IT! Life's too short
    and happiness is too rare.

17. If you feel bored doing the things you do, then there is a gap between your skill and your challenges.
    We need to increase our challenge so that we can make life challenging again and make us more
    curious, abundant, thrilling and fun. We need to go out, meet new people, get into new arenas, try new
    opportunities and be in new environments. But if we experience stress and pressure more, then we
    need to increase our skill level to match that of our challenge. We can then meet our challenge with a

higher skill set. Flow state is a beautiful state where we surrender to the environment and allow all the
energy to flow through us. It's something is amazing and will help us a lot! :smiley:

1. When you are angry, be silent.
  2. Most people think a goal is something to work towards A FEW DAYS A WEEK…**If it’s a financial
    goal…**5 days a week in the office. If it’s a fitness goal… 3 days a week in the gym. If it’s a
    relationship goal… date night once a week. But THE SUREST way to excel in any area is to do it
    EVERY DAY. And to not miss a day…Do something to excel your business, EVEN ON WEEKENDS…
    Do 100 pushups and 50 pull-ups on NON-GYM DAYS… Put a note by the coffee pot telling your wife
    how much you love her… EVEN IF YOU DON’T FEEL LIKE IT. REMEMBER… A goal is not something
    to work towards just whenever you can. A GOAL IS A GUIDE TO DAILY BEHAVIOR… Once you live
    by this rule, you’ll be shocked by THE RESULTS you’ll see in your business, and life. Because if you
    can’t work on it daily, it’s not a goal.
  3. Life is hard enough without having to live in a constant state of regret over lost opportunities, lost loves,
    and lost chances to speak your mind. If you want to make the most of your life, doing these 25
    uncomfortable things will ensure you don’t regret any part of your life:

a) Speak your mind when something is bothering you. You’ll only get one chance to make a lasting
impact.
b) Gather the courage to stick to the things that are important to you. We are all so easily swayed by
what others think.
c) Ask yourself if you are who you wanted to be when you grew up. If you aren’t there yet, keep
working on it.
d) Let go of the things that don’t matter in your life. When you are 20-something, everything seems to
be important.
e) Make sure you are living life outside of social media instead of just painting a picture of your
imaginary life on social media.
f) Check the drama queen act at the door. Let your overreacting self-take a break once in a while.
g) Talk about the world, politics, hobbies, food – anything except other people and your judgments of
them.
h) Stop telling yourself you are fat. When you die, no one is going to care how “fat” you were. They’ll
care about you as a person.
i) Be interested in other people and mean it. Learning about others is fascinating and a great way to
learn about ourselves too.
j) Stop trying to be anything other than a kind and empathic person. Being kind will bring you lots of
joy and satisfaction in your life. No one cares about your opinion if you aren’t being nice to people.
k) Give yourself some room to breathe and mess up. Pay attention to things in the moment and allow
yourself to enjoy them.
l) Read. A lot. Don’t limit yourself to what’s on the internet – they still print actual books you know.
m) Be nice. The easiest way to do this is to always put other’s feelings before your own.
n) You aren’t going to trip and fall into your soul mate; you need to go out and find them.
o) Don’t spend money you don’t have; give money away whenever you can; set yourself up for
financial success early on and you’ll be glad you did.
p) Trophies and medals don’t make you a better person, habits do. Work on being better every day
and you will become the person you see yourself being.
q) Draft a mission statement for yourself as a person. Use it to help you make decisions and guide
your life.
r) Don’t cross people and burn bridges. You think walking out of that job today isn’t going to impact
your life 5 years from now? Think again. Keep it classy and you’ll never have to worry about your life
choices coming back to haunt you.
s) Ask people to be honest with you. Regardless of whether you agree or not, hearing people out is
important.
t) Pay attention to when you feel uncomfortable about something: there’s opportunity to learn and
grow there but many people gloss over it.
u) Don’t blame others for your shortcomings. Identify and accept responsibility for yourself at all turns.
v) Find your purpose and you will find pleasure.
w) Create a home for yourself no matter where you are in life. Whether it’s your parent’s basement or a
high rise in the city, plant your roots and be happy with what you have.
x) Forget what you see online: real life is happening right in front of your eyes. Go out and live it.
y) Make sure you get the most of our your life by never holding back love, thoughts, ideas, and
desires.

1. The past is a place of reference. Not a place of residence. We will keep losing people. And we will keep
    loving them. That's all there is to longing
  2. We are living in a culture entirely hypnotized by the illusion of time, in which the so-called present
    moment is felt as nothing but an infinitesimal hairline between an all-powerfully causative past and an
    absorbingly important future. We have no present. Our consciousness is almost completely
    preoccupied with memory and expectation. We do not realize that there never was, is, nor will be any other experience than present experience. We are therefore out of touch with reality. We confuse the world as talked about, described, and measured with the world which actually is. We are sick with a fascination for the useful tools of names and numbers, of symbols, signs, conceptions and ideas.
  3. Re-set, Re-adjust, Re-start and Re-focus as many times as you need to.
  4. It is called the zeigarnik effect. Basically start a task you don’t want to do and work at it for five minutes. At the end of that time you won’t want to quit, you will actually want to finish. What happens is our brain goes on autopilot and starts having us engage in behavior needed to finish the task and even starts planning next steps. This is because our brains automatically prioritize tasks that are not complete. A great way to beat procrastination.

Part Two is here: Life Lessons Part Two! Continue reading…

66 Likes

Best thing I have ever read !:+1:
Thank you @SaM

4 Likes

Nice and easy steps to follow. Thanks SAM

2 Likes

Thank you Sam, it is a perfect motivation article you got there. So the lesson should be taken from this is,
Life is short and If you want something(You believe that will make you happy), then just get it. (by all means do whatever it takes)

2 Likes

Very useful @SaM thanks :wink::+1:

2 Likes

inspired. simply awesome.

2 Likes

Thank you @SaM :innocent::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I need to remembre and read this .

1 Like