Keeping Up With The Competitions :}

Hey Everyone! :raising_hand_man:

This is my first post here, and I wanted to begin with a discussion on the poor outreach most competition, contest, or scholarship organizers have to deal with when publishing their listings. A lot of the events go unnoticed, and a lot of the websites that help list them out are not even known by the youth. Most of the students I know are unaware of any and all sorts of these events that go on throughout the year, and this results in them missing out on those precious opportunities to grow and learn.

I’ve had to face the same ordeal when I was applying to universities in a different country. Turns out, since a lot of universities judge a student’s profile by their past practical experiences, like me, a lot of the students have to hastily try and look for events to participate in and strengthen our resumes. I had spent a lot of time creating a collection of websites and platforms to learn about such happenings and actually spend time participating and learning(which also helped me get into a great college :wink:), I want to share my findings with everyone out here, and hope to learn new avenues and techniques you might have used in such situations.

I really think onehack.us is the community of the future, and the youth are our future, so then we should unite our efforts to ensure they get a firm understanding of standing up and looking out for themselves, and becoming self-sufficient in their use of the internet - a great place to learn and teach, but misunderstood and misused by many - and make surfing the web a delightful experience.

Note :- A few of these platforms are oriented only for Indian students, and so I’ve included helpful titles to differentiate. Still, be sure to check your eligibility!

This is my list, in no specific order. Enjoy exploring!

That’s all I have for now, but I hope everyone here can help contribute to grow this list.
Do let me know what you think of it, and I’ll try to answer however best I can to any questions you might have.

Cheers! :pray:

17 Likes