In 10 Years, Will 'Remote Work' Simply Be 'Work'?

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AATUw9P.img?w=768&h=554&m=6

Bloomberg reports:

A decade from now, offices shall be used for one thing and one thing only: quality time with colleagues. This seemingly bold prediction comes from Prithwiraj Choudhury, a Harvard Business School professor and expert on remote work. âoeWe will probably in 10 years stop calling this âremote workâ™. Weâ™ll just call it work,â he said…

His research showed that a hybrid workforce is more productive, more loyal and less likely to leave. With companies from Twitter Inc. to PwC now giving employees the option to work virtually forever, Choudhury said businesses that donâ™t adapt risk higher attrition… “For employers, itâ™s a win as well because you are not constrained to hiring from the local labor market â” where you have an office… This is a once-in-a-generation moment when people are not going to be forced to live where they donâ™t want to. Some people will find a permanent place to live; some will move around. The digital nomad revolution is going on…"

“We should not care about how many days or hours anyone works. Every job and task should have objective metrics, which are output based, and if an employee can perform those metrics in two days, so be it. I am a firm believer that we should stop counting time. We should give people the flexibility to work when they want to, whichever hours they want to, whichever days they want to, and care only about their work.”

3 Likes

Hi everybody!

It is expected that in 2025-2030 most office jobs will be replaced by Artificial Intelligence.

Why coders love the AI that could put them out of a job - BBC News

Is AI Coming for Your Dev Job or Not? A Tale of Two Surveys – Visual Studio Magazine

I added only two links as I am new user here, but there are tons of articles in this subject and this is unfortunately our very sad future :frowning: :frowning:

CC