If i have imported files from someones elses mega share (like a course) if that users link stops working . will that mean even my stored (imported content from that user) will be deleted

If i have imported files from someones elses mega share (like a course) if that users link stops working . will that mean even my stored (imported content from that user) will be deleted.
cause i have more than 2 tb of storage i dont want loose.
Thanks you @1hack community for always answering all my queries and helping me with the solutions.

Nope, importing it means that you now have it in your account . its yours and won’t be taken down even if the other one is taken down.

Remember, backup means download content to local drive and reupload it freshly to your cloud drive. Doing this may keep the files save and separated.

Good luck and topic solved.

Edited: Pardon me, I misunderstood the title and simply jumped to solve, I was wrong and I have replaced the misunderstanding to a solution now. Thanks everyone for correcting and helping this user!

11 Likes

I disagree with this, I personally have two mega accounts(drive1) and the other (drive2).
I have imported content from drive1 to drive2 via the link import function and have deleted the files on drive1 and drive2 have those files.

4 Likes

If you own both the drives then it might not get deleted the way @conspiracy’s did

2 Likes

both are different account, it doesn’t even matter if they are mine or someone else’s. For Mega those are two totally different accounts.

4 Likes

Nothing will happen
Both are considered different data

2 Likes

Thank you evryone, :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

But remember if you are having data more than your mega account capacity. Your data will reside only for 2-3 months after that you will be asked to buy a subscription and won’t be able to access that data until you buy.
If failed to buy one your data will be deleted as next step.

1 Like

so can i do the same process again shifting that data to the other account will that add more 3 months

Yes it will suffice for another 2-3 months period. However exactly it’s two month or three months that is up to Mega inc.