I Found a New kind of wifi network near my home

Since 2-3 i am reciving wifi signal near my home named JIO Privatenet and when tried to connect this a very new kind of window opened i cant connect this in pc this is only showing in mobile

this was asking more the password as you can see in photo, and also i clicked on EAP method
then this windows open, there is a option in that we can sign in by jiosim,
this thing is new to me i want to know more about this and most impostent thing of this, seems like admin can accesses this wifi by entering some details here, is there any method i can explore this network more
thank you

5 Likes

Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a protocol for wireless networks that expands on authentication methods used by the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), a protocol often used when connecting a computer to the Internet. EAP can support multiple authentication mechanisms, such as token cards, smart cards, certificates, one-time passwords, and public key encryption authentication.

Here’s how it works: in communications using EAP, a user requests connection to a wireless network through an access point (a station that transmits and receives data, sometimes known as a transceiver). The access point requests identification (ID) data from the user and transmits that data to an authentication server. The authentication server asks the access point for proof of the validity of the ID. After the access point obtains that verification from the user and sends it back to the authentication server, the user is connected to the network as requested.

2 Likes

i dont know about its kind and type but i know what it is

there is an app which is yellow in color in app/playstore naming jionet (i think it is the jionet, can’t recall).
now when you install and open it and it will directly connect you to jionet but it uses your jio cellular data.

now your question is how it differs from cellular data. the answer is… it gives you superfast speed.

another question that how do i know about it. i used to have wifi routers of jio installed in whole campus. in ahmedabad, in every college, you can find such routers. but all uses your cellular data.

1 Like

Thank you sir, information you provided is great, is there is any method, so that I connect this network for adminstration rights or to get unlimited data uses. Because these is so much options to login… (except SIM )

1 Like

you cannot login or connect using id & password… it works automatically… once you have jio sim in your mobile and it is having data pack inside it … and you turn on wifi … it will automatically connect to jioprivate net without id & password and will provide you high speed internet until your mobile data lasts… basically you are using your mobile data in wifi … i hope you got me…

1 Like