How To Run Android Applications On Windows 11 🔹

A good news for Windows 11 users is that soon it will be possible for you to run Android apps on your Windows 11 PC. Right now it’s already possible for beta testers, which you can also do by signing up for it.

In this post, I am going to guide you through the process of installing Android apps on Windows 11. The instructions might look a bit complicated, but if you follow this guide, you can say goodbye to emulators like Bluestacks or Droid4X and use Android apps directly on your PC! (Source: hongkiat)

So let’s get started!

Prerequisites

Before we proceed, there are some things that you need to check or set up.

Firstly, (and most obviously) you need to upgrade your operating system (OS) to Windows 11. Once you install it, you will need to check a few things to get started.

Update Windows and select Beta Channel
  1. Click on Start or press the Windows key and go to Settings.
  2. On the right side, check if it says your Windows is updated. Click it to enter the next step.

1. It should say that your Windows is up to date, if not, click on the button to update it
  2. Next, click on Windows Insider Program
  3. Here you will see the “Installed build” serial. In order to install Android apps on Win 11, you need to have a build serial of at least 22000.282. In my case, I have 22000.376 so I qualify. If you’re not on this build, just update your system.

1. Next, choose the second option Windows Insider Account – you will need to link your Windows account email before you can choose any other setting.
  2. Once that is done choose the Beta Channel option.
Change Region to United States

If your region is already set to the United States, feel free to skip this section. If not, you’ll have to change your region for it to work, because the Amazon Appstore which we will install through the Microsoft Appstore is crucial to this entire thing won’t work otherwise.

1. Press Windows + I to open Settings.
  2. Under Time & language click on Language & region.
  3. Under Region, change your settings to United States.
  4. Restart your computer (I actually skipped this part initially but I ran into some problems until I restarted my system, so do not skip!)

Check if Virtualization is enabled:

So for the next step, we need to make sure that you have Virtualization enabled on your computer.

1. Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously. This will open Task Manager.
  2. Under Performance tab, you need to see if Virtualization is Enabled or not.
  3. If enabled, feel free to proceed to the next section. I am 100% sure that this is enabled by default after you enable your Windows Insider Account because I haven’t done anything and it’s enabled by default (on a fresh install of Windows 11).
Check if Microsoft Store is Updated

In this case, you need Microsoft Store’s version to be 22110.1402.6.0 or above. In my case, it’s higher at 22112.1402.3.0, so we’re clear to go.

To check the version:

1. Click Start or press the Windows key.
  2. Search for Microsoft Store.
  3. Click on the profile photo in the upper right corner which is where the account setting is located.
  4. Then click on App settings.
  5. At the very bottom you will be able to see Microsoft Store’s version

Now for the real deal: Install Amazon Appstore

Basically for Windows 11, you can run Android apps by installing them directly from the Amazon Appstore…which is an application that you can download through the Microsoft Store.

So, yeah:

1. Open Microsoft Store.
  2. Search for Amazon Appstore.
  3. And then just install it.

Important note: If Amazon Appstore is not showing up in the list, then it’s because you missed the important steps above, so try to check which ones were skipped.

Also, there are some comments floating on the internet that because this is still in an experimental stage, it’s not yet available for everyone (obviously) so even if you change your region, some report that after opening the Amazon Appstore, it will still detect your actual region. But some people managed to skip this part entirely.

Anyway, once it’s installed, just open it and search for the app you want to use and that’s it!

Neat, right? Not really. Kinda troublesome if you ask me, but that’s the price we pay for trying to adopt early technology.

ENJOY & HAPPY LEARNING! :heart:

11 Likes

Will definitely give it a try :heart::100:

3 Likes