How To Promote Your Blog To Grow Traffic & Get Backlinks

Gaining blog traffic can be a real challenge. But I have explained plenty of ways which will help you to grow traffic, generate more backlinks and more share of your blog.

It is very easy to build a blog, but very hard to make a successful blog with significant traffic. Some of the people may believe that having quality content helps them to drive traffic, yes it is true but having only that is not enough to get significant traffic.

For that, you need to promote your blog posts and make sure they are visible at every corner of the web, from where your potential audience can visit and read your blog posts. So if you are looking for practical ways about how you can share your content, the right tactics, and right places, then you guys don’t need to look any further. Because, in today’s post, I am sharing 10 killer ways to promote your blog. Let’s see those ways.

10 Best Ways to Promote Your Blog

#1. Social Media Profiles Are Powerhouse to Grow Blog Traffic

Bloggers come to Facebook and Twitter to share their articles and simply walk away, and that’s it. Nothing more they do, and thus, bloggers think that job is done, and the flood of traffic will come to their blogs.

But as in my point of view, this is not an actual social media sharing. You need to do a lot more things to target your potential audience. Because using social media you are also building a relationship with your targeted audience.

So you should start working on this but before that one thing you need to do is to optimize and improve your social media profiles. With that, you can show off your blog’s URL very easily to your potential audience.

Cover Image

Most of all the people who share their article on social media are only focus on how their display picture and cover image look like. But there is more than that, have ever heard about mentioning your blog link in your profile? If you don’t then yes you can mention your blog link somewhere in your profile/page cover image. Just make sure that you create an excellent and of course a clean cover image which also contains your blog URL.

Add Your Blog Link

Social media like Facebook and Google+ also offer you to add your blog or site link on profile/page. This is kind of opportunity to you to put your blog link on social media. This may help to showcase your blog URL to your potential audience and can drive traffic from your social media channels to your blog.

Bio

Social media has great power to grow traffic because it provides a great feature that is writing a bio. So take a chance to write a little bit about you and yes don’t forget to add the URL of your blog into the bio. How about to place it an intro or as a workplace in Facebook? Or adding a link or Twitter handle in your Twitter Bio? Or adding a blog URL in Google+ about and so on. I recommend to add your blog URL link to your profile/page bio or intro.

2. Links To Relevant Content

Few times it happens that your targeted audience is looking for some other content, which you don’t have on your blog and may your audience raise a concern to you on social media. In this case, you can suggest a link from other publishers, in which your audience can find useful for them.

Also, this will help you to build trust and show your audience that you are about more than just promoting your blog.

#3. Talk About Your Blog in YouTube Videos

YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google. And for video makers, YouTube is like video galaxy of the universe for them. If you are one of them, then YouTube provides the best opportunity to talk about your blog and from that you can drive significant traffic to your blog.

Thinking How?

You must be having a thought that how to create a video, edit it and promote it on YouTube. This is quite the easiest job. For creating a video, you don’t require a video recorder camera or perfect device to shoot and create a video. You have your device, I mean by your smartphone.

Be creative in editing. Use smartphone app or software on your computer to edit and build a final version of a video. Once the video is ready, upload it to your YouTube Channel and hit the publish button.

Pro Tips For Video:

• Give a title which is relevant to you blog post and video both.
  • Add keywords in Title.
  • Add keywords description.
  • Add your live blog post link in video description.
  • Add Subtitles to a video.
  • Use YouTube Cards to link your website blog post and another video you published before.
  • Encourage viewers to subscribe to your YouTube Channel, like the video, comment their feedback and most significant share the video.

Link the live video in a blog post. This will also help you to improve search engine rankings.

#4. Comment on Other Blogs

Blog commenting is a common form of link building. Though, it can also help you to gain new visitors on your blog. So make sure that you leave helpful comments.

It may happen that the author of the blog could delete your comment and ban from leaving future comments if you use their comment section as a tool to promote your blog.

Comment is the chance that to show the audience what you think and what are your views for an article. So leave valuable comments, that could earn you respect.

#5. Become Active in Discussion

Become active in the discussion is another great resource for finding and attracting people that may show an interest in your blog. At many platforms like forums, social media channels, blog post and it comments and lot more, where you can find the engagement with your potential audience.

Keep in mind that, you have to join the discussion rather than shamelessly promoting your blog. Share relevant information, discuss topics with other people, share what you have learned by taking apart in a discussion and leaving comments in it, which can find the interest of people and can find the useful information with your sharing.

Make sure that you drive over to a major number of discussions, where your potential audience is showing an interest in.

#6. Content Sharing of Other Blogger

I have seen that many bloggers do not share content from other bloggers and their blogs. Just because they have thought that “Why should I share other’s content as I have my blog and blog posts to promote.” Frankly saying, such bloggers are missing a great opportunity. But how?

Sharing content from other bloggers can help you to build more engagement with your potential audience, which is again of their interest. Sometimes it may happen that user may lose interest from the regular stuff you share, and they need little bit diversion to keep an interest in your channels. Sharing content from different bloggers and for different topics will help you to build engagement with your audience. And who knows, other bloggers will also share your content to their channels.

Finding and sharing a relevant content of other bloggers is the great way to increase the engagement and also with this way you can build trust with your potential audience. So, start sharing content of other bloggers, especially from my blog

#7. Repurpose Old Articles

Don’t get disappointed, because this is one of the best strategies to promote your blog by repurposing your content.

You might think that how to repurpose your article. Don’t worry I will explain to you that how you can repurpose your content.

It is very easy and straightforward process. Just pick one content from your blog and using that same content you have to work on and turning that content into another form. If your article is long, then you can convert into an infographic or may be a YouTube video or into a Slideshare deck. These options just work best.

#8. Create a Community of Like-Minded People

What is a better way of promoting your blog than creating a community of like-minded people? Nothing works best than this because there are other people out there in the world who have the same subject to discuss, maybe better or maybe worse.

The common idea behind this is to contribute to each other rather that promoting your content. Inbound.org is a community for me, where I can find and connect with like-minded people to build my network. There are so many bloggers out there who uses this platform to communicate with other blogger and share their ideas.

If you want to turn your blog into something special and something that help you to get more visitors then you should take part or create a community out of your blog.

#9. Make Use of Live Streaming

In the year of 2016, it is the hottest trend on the internet to make use of the live streaming for promoting the blog. Many experts are using live streaming concept to promote their blog. You can use live streaming like Facebook Live, Periscope and YouTube.

Create interactive content and promote it with the live streaming.

10. Add Little Description About Content While Sharing

As we all know nowadays, the social media platforms are highly used to share the content. If you are also sharing your content on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and other well-known social media platforms then don’t forget to add a little bit description about your content.

So that people can get the general idea of what this content is all about. This is how you can also help them to save their time too. So don’t forget to write one or two lines about your content.

If you are using WordPress platform for your blog, then Yost SEO or All In One SEO pack are useful plugins to optimize your content and its sharing. Check this article to find out how it works.

Gaining blog traffic can be a real challenge. But I have explained plenty of ways which will help you to draw visitors to your blog. Many of them may also require hard work, but I suggest to perform quick work. The main thing to remember is that you must have to stick with your plans.

Hope this article helped you. If you any confusion regarding promoting your blog then feel free to ask us and if you have any other strategy then do let us know in the comment section. (Source: medium)

Happy learning!

7 Likes