I decided to write this article in order to help you fellow learners on how to get started with data science or machine learning even if you are just starting with this field. I will guide you with each and every steps.
Tips to be successful if you are already learning it.
- Make an account on kaggle.com and keep practicing on datasets every day.
- Make sure you are implementing every mathematical detail you learn on python and saving it for future reference.
- Don’t dive into a topic too deep. Dont forget you are learning machine learning and not some statistics stuff. Dont think you need to know each and everything under the hood.
- You don’t need to know each and every algorithm to be successful. Just know, how it works and try to know why it works, if you don’t know, it’s cool too.
- Try to tweak and be curious on data.
- Be sure you can visualize the data as much as you can do mathematical analysis.
Start with Datacamp
For a beginner, datacamp is the best choice to get started in this field. Datacamp is a paid course to start but don’t worry I will guide you on how to get free for 2 months and 6 months of datacamp subscription.
If you think 2 month is too less to learn, don’t worry this is just to build a foundation level knowledge of data, statistics on this field.
- Go to this link outlook.live.com and create a Microsoft account.
- Then you are eligible to get two months of free datacamp subscription by going into https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/dev-essentials/ and click on join dev essentials.
- Scroll down and you will see datacamp activate the promo code and you will get 2 months of free access on all course.
For 6 months you need to do a longer process, go to education.github.com and apply as a student, you need to submit your school/college ID Card to get verified. Once verified, you will get access to 200+ free learning sites and platforms.
After you complete the course on datacamp, you are ready to learn maths. I am suggesting you two best sites to learn mathematics here.
Both of these courses are very important for data science and machine learning.
Learn Probability and Statistics as much as you can, I recommend this book.
After this, you are ready to go with coursera deep learning courses.
I will list some best specializations here, you can read all of them for free and apply for financial aid which will surely get accepted.
By this time, you will know yourself what to learn and what to skip.