How To Install Windows 10 On Virtualbox Machines

Windows is a common operating system used by billions of people. And because of that, there are always many vulnerabilities on Windows.
Because in the future I will use, show and exploit a lot of those vulnerabilities, Therefore I think it is necessary to show the setup of Windows in VirtualBox.

For beginners, but also for advanced people who like to watch and discover maybe something new.

“Difference between a virus and windows? Viruses rarely fail.”

We will install a normal Windows machine as a victim because we will be running our attacks against this machine. This is a lot easier than using a normal computer for that. If you make a mistake with this Windows Virtual Machine that is not a problem, because you can always do a new setup or use a snapshot.

Download link Windows 10 VirtualBox

Microsoft has released a number of Windows virtual machines that can be downloaded. Here is the download Link

Extract the Windows file

• After you download the VirtualMachine, you have to extract the file. This will take a moment because the file is 7.3 GB

• After the extract is complete you will see the MSEdge - Win10 .ova file, click on that.

Install the .ova file on VirtualMachine

1a

2a

3a

Make some setting changes

4a

In this example, I choose a different network. Bridged Adaptor and in this case wlan0.

Windows 10

These virtual machines expire after 90 days. Its always recommend setting a snapshot.

The default password to your Windows 10 Virtual Machine (VM) is “Passw0rd!

Video How To Install Win10 on VirtualBox

In this video, you can see how to do the download, install, and setup of the Win10 Virtualbox.

Install Windows 95

Cleaning up my laptop and… come some across awesome and funny things. Nice to share it with you. Who wants to get the Win95 feeling back …!

If you are interested, you can visit the GitHub Page to download and install the Windows 95 app for Linux, Windows, and macOS

Github Link: https://github.com/felixrieseberg/windows95

Find the download you need

Install Linux

sudo dpkg -i windows95-linux-2.2.1_amd64.deb

Use

in terminal:

windows95

For Windows run the program and for macOS download the zip file. Have fun …!

Conclusion

Installing Win10 on VirtualBox is this way very easy. You can certainly use a normal Win10 computer, but a VirtualMachine has many advantages.

And it’s so much fun to see Win95 in this way back. I really hope you enjoy this article and videos. Altho this article is very basic. But we all had to start somewhere.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER

• This article was written for educational purposes and pentest only.
  • The author can not be held responsible for damages caused by the use of these resources.
  • You will not misuse the information to gain unauthorized access.
  • The information shall only be used to expand knowledge and not for causing malicious or damaging attacks.
  • Just remember, Performing any hacks without written permission is illegal …! (writer: bulls eye)

Happy learning!

3 Likes