How To Increase SD Card/Flash Drive Size [METHOD]

HOW TO INCREASE SD CARD/FLASH DRIVE SIZE? [METHOD]

I prepared this post because many of us store videos, photo, music games and many more so that we are obliged to delete some files when it’s full so I have a solution for you. let’s get started.

> Notice : In this method we can only increase from 2gb, 4gb, 8gb up to 16 gb. If I get another method to increase above 16gb I will update my post soon. So let’s start step by step :

• Step 1 : First of all Download sdata tool software. You can get it by typing this let key word in Google ? " zip/2kWbL88r/ SDATA.html "

• Step 2 : After you download sdata. zip extract it then, run sdata tool as an administrator

• Step 3 : Select the flash drive or sd card letter you want to increase ( it must be formatted )

• Step 4 : Then there is an option to choose to increase to 4gb, 8gb & 16gb so you will not choose directly what you want it works like, if the flash drive/sd-card is 2gb you will choose 4gb then to 8gb & then to16gb.

• Step 5 : Finally After you choose your desire gb with the above prociuder click the compress button.

N.B : Don't format the flash drive or sd card after you increased because the trick will disappear.

18 Likes

Now that you are talking about flash drive, do you know some trick to repair a flash drive that is stuck in only read? I have tried many things that i have find in internet but nothing worked.

1 Like

thank you so much :öpüşen kalp:

1 Like

you can do this kind of clean format that flash drive using these commands in windows command line:

1. diskpart
  2. list disk
  3. select disk <disk no. of that flash drive>
  4. clean
  5. create partition primary
    Then, exit from windows command line, then format the drive as usual. This will hopefully solve your problem
2 Likes

Change USB drive letter and run CHKDSK to repair USB errors

1. Change USB drive letter
  • Right-click on Computer, select manage and enter Disk Management in Device Manager.
  • Right-click on the USB flash drive which shows no media there and selects Change Drive Letter and Paths…
  • Click Change and click Assign the following drive letter: to set a new drive letter to your USB flash drive which shows any error.
  • Click OK to confirm the operation.
  1. Run CHKDSK to repair USB errors
  • Right-click on Windows icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
  • Click Yes if the system asks you to sign in as administrator. And sign in with your Administrator account.
  • Type: chkdsk E: /R and hit Enter. (Replace E: with the drive letter of your USB flash drive.)

You can also repair/delete/create the USB volume from the same window.

Manual Method via Diskpart – Windows :

1. Open a Command Prompt as administrator ( cmd.exe )
  2. Type Diskpart and press Enter
  3. Type List Disk and press Enter
  4. Type Select Disk X (where X is the disk number of your USB drive) and press Enter
  5. Type Clean and press Enter
  6. Type Create Partition Primary and press Enter
  7. Type Active and press Enter
  8. Type Format fs=Fat32 Quick and press Enter
  9. Type Exit and press Enter

DiskPart-Restore-USB

Lastly. you can use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard or SD Formatter Tool to reformat and restore a USB Drive both of these will do the deed if you know how to use them. Cheers :blush:

5 Likes

thanks @SaM, but it is fake right?
Llike it is about the physical space we are talking about, yes we can make it look like it has increased but we cant fully use the increased space. Am I right?

Fake? Not at any part.

Thing is Flash/SD card stored waste of indexes, thumbnail, data cache, and other useless storage. this method may trash them and increase a bit of space that can be viewed and use anytime.

Example: If you’re using Laptop/Computer, Look at your C: partition which is running your OS. now in one condition ‘‘If you’re using your OS since last 1 month of above and never uses this trick which I’m gonna tell you below’’

1. Check your C: partition size, used + free, go to properties and note that size on paper.
  2. Now > Start menu > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Disk Cleanup > now choose C: and press > OK. let it collect data and it will show up in a few seconds.
  3. See, there are a bunch of folders that you can tick/untick, all of them have a waste that you can’t use that space unless you clean up. (Remember ‘‘Downloaded Program Files’’ is things you have downloaded under Documents/picture/videos/music/downloads folders’’ better untick that folder before cleaning up)
  4. Now Tick everything all folders besides Downloaded Program Files and press > OK.
  5. Let it trash that garbage, once it has done it will disappear. Now, refresh your desktop and go to Computer Explorer.
  6. I bet you, you will see the difference and see extra space that you didn’t see when you trash your Recycle bin every day.
    BONUS: While you’re selecting the folders from Cleanup window, check below you have an option ‘‘Clean up System Files’’ you can also click it after cleaning to Clean system files that no longer in use of your OS or any recent update that you don’t like to keep it stored while running it. you can get more space.

CCleaner things do the deed for browsers and registry files plus junks. you will see an increase in space after using it. But you can still get extra space if you use Built-in System Cleanup once after CCleaner.

I never used CCleaner in my entire life, I clean my browsers manually, and I use system Cleanup process every after 1 month. I’m using my OS for a very long time. it still running like a charm and it will always.

So mate never say a word FAKE just like that until unless you the actual scene behind, there are thousands of tricks/solution and hidden stories in IT that most peoples haven’t aware of them, they are always in front of us but we never dig in them. Example: A bunch of things runs via run command but those things can also get fixed via System Registry HEY/Local keys. Simple.

HAPPY LEARNING EVERYONE! :blush:

4 Likes

I know that there are so many things hidden, I am an IT student and I tried digging about such things but didn’t end successfully that’s why I was asking about the space. I will try it and tell you the results if you don’t mind :slight_smile:
anyway… You are great, thanks again !

1 Like