- Browse the For You PageBefore you jump into making content, you have to know what’s going viral on TikTok. Scrolling through the For You page is the perfect way to learn about the latest trends, popular audio tracks, and biggest influencers. If you are looking for the best tips to grow on TikTok, start with a thorough review of the FYP Algorithm that is already on the app.
- Create Your ProfileIf you want to get more follows on TikTok, you need a great profile. Come up with a catchy username or one that describes the type of content you plan to post. You should add a brief but entertaining description so users know exactly what to expect from your page. Add in a high-quality profile picture or video for good measure to attract new viewers. Also, you should link to your other social media channels or website.
- Have an Audience in MindKeep in mind that 41% of TikTok users are between 16 and 24. Obviously the app skews to a younger audience, but you should define your personal audience even further.
What interests or hobbies do your ideal followers have? What type of content do they care about?
It’s important to make your content both relatable & shareable. The only way to make your content the most relatable & sharable is to understand your audience. Some of the most viral videos on TikTok are old songs from the early 2000s that were popular. The reason being is this was the childhood memories for a lot of people that use TikTok today, that’s relatability.
- Post Quality ContentTikTok users are notorious for calling out copycats or unoriginal content. Make sure that every video you post is original or unique in some way, even if you are using popular audio, content type or participating in a trend. Authentic content will perform better than forced or fake content, allowing you to grow your tiktok following fast.
- Upload Every DayWhen one of your videos goes viral or ends up on someone’s For You page, you need to have a profile full of videos for them to click through. When they tap on your profile picture and find an almost blank screen, they will leave disappointed.
You can easily get more followers on TikTok by posting videos every day, or as frequently as you can. The more you post, the more chances you have of being seen. Consistency is key when it comes to TikTok.
- Be UniqueBlowing up on TikTok only happens if you have something that sets you apart. Users can scroll through hundreds of short videos every day, and they are looking for something that catches their attention. Decide what makes you unique and gives your content a personal edge or style. Ask yourself why people should follow you in the first place.
If you notice on TikTok, viral trends happen all the time because of a random account posting the perfect video at the perfect time. Then it catches on like wildfire. Then everyone & their mother on TikTok start to recreate their video, further pushing its viral status. Become the trendsetter instead of the trend follower.
- Partner with an InfluencerInfluencers on TikTok come in all shapes and sizes and they are a great option for TikTok growth hacks. You do not have to partner with the biggest names on the platform to grow your own followers. Instead, search for niche influencers who are reaching your target audience. They may have a few thousand followers or a few hundred thousand followers, but either way, it is a great way to reach new people.
- Use HashtagsHashtags on TikTok users to search for videos across the platform. If you are participating in a trend, taking on a new challenge, or using popular audio, add in a descriptive hashtag. You should also hashtag your videos with your industry or niche market so your content is easier to find. Spend some time searching through popular hashtags and niche-specific hashtags to determine which ones are most used and well received.
- Use Popular Songs or Sound TracksSoundtracks are an essential part of the TikTok experience, and they go viral almost as often as videos. You can incorporate a popular audio track into your video and become instantly searchable by the track alone. Users who love a specific song or background track can search for other videos using that same song. It provides another way for new audiences to find your videos.
- Duet VideosDuets allow you to partner with another creator without needing their sign off. If there is a video you love by a specific creator or one that matches your style and aesthetic, you can create your own version in a duet. Your new video will appear to the left of the original. Tagging the original creator and using the original hashtags and audio track can help you get more follows on TikTok.
- Participate in TikTok ChallengesOne of the best methods to grow on TikTok is to participate in challenges. Whether it is the latest dance craze or a skit-style video, put your own spin on the newest trend. TikTok users often search for hashtags of challenges and popular challenge videos end up in the For You page.
- Follow PeopleGetting noticed is hard. However, you can get someone’s attention by following their account. Look for creators or TikTok users that match your target audience or create videos with a similar vibe. Following these people may earn you a follow back. At the least, you will get another set of eyes on your profile and content.
- Work on Your Camera SkillsQuality rules the day on TikTok. If you are wondering how to get more likes on TikTok, consider upgrading your equipment. Make sure your videos are high quality and stable, instead of grainy and shaky. You should also pay attention to the background of your videos, checking that your surroundings are clean and free of distractions. Test out different camera features, filters, and effects to make truly unique and impressive TikToks.
- Share Your TikTok ProfileFinally, you should share your TikTok profile on your other social media accounts if you want to get more follows on TikTok. Encourage your friends and family to follow your profile and like your content to boost your numbers. The more likes and follows you get, the better chances you have of becoming TikTok famous.