How to Extract Database from Android Application

Hey ONEHACKS, Good day.

May I know, What is the best way to Extract the Database from the Android Application?
I was trying with some solutions found though googling but none of them are works.
Appreciate, if you share your personal experience or the best method you know.

Thanks!

1 Like

extract the database like are u reverse engineering any app?

You can say so. It’s like “shopping apps” got information about their products into the database, I like to get those details.
Thanks

Well, @WEBD apps are divided into three parts ( for reference) the client side, server side and the database. What consumers have is client side version of the app which make query to the database and then gets a response for that which it displays on your screen.
Now servers have different levels of security, namely public and secure(private). Data like photoes of instagram are stored at facebook’s servers and can be accessed publicaly. For example This site Vurku with small python code can download them. This is web scraping.
While there are more secure servers like ovh servers in Europe. But still our 1hackers got it down read this

Great share.
If you think what I said is different from what you want then reply to this.
Hope you get something.

1 Like

If it’s your own application then you can do with adb shell. For other, the database is on data/data/package_name/databases/ . You will need root access.
I am talking about local SQLite database , not the server database.

3 Likes